Thermostat widget...enhancement request...

Currently you have to go into device properties to choose whether the set point controlled is heating or cooling. This means a couple times a year, the device’s configuration needs an update and that needed propagated to all of our iOS devuces. It’d be lovely if HomeWave could show the setpoint for the mode the 'stat is currently in, and somehow indicate which it was.

The app is supposed to do this when set to display “temperature”, but perhaps the changes to the way thermostats are being reported broke this. I’ll have a look

FWIW, this is on UI5, so MCV probably hasn’t changed the way things work. We started using HW last summer, and I don’t recall having to switch the settings from “cool” to “heat”. But the widget definitely has a setting where you choose which setpoint to control. Which seems odd, if it’s automagic?

–Richard

Not sure if that still works in UI5. The widget should have a choice between heating, cooling and a third setting which should control the setpoint of whichever mode is active.

I definitely just see two options: control heating or control cooling. And I have “display thermostat mode” enabled, but only see that on the “mode” widget. Am I using the wrong widgets for this stuff? I have three per 'stat: 1 that shows/controls mode, one that shows/controls setpoint, and one that shows the temperature at the 'stat as a sensor.

–Richard

Those are the right widgets. I’m not sure why the setpoint widget won’t show the automatic mode, but it;s been a while since I looked at any UI5 stuff.