Today we launch official Google Assistant compatibility for Vera!

Indeed, I want nothing to do with disgusting nasty google… and this forced installation and security liability will just motivate me even more to migrate away from vera. Installing plugins or anything in general without user input should be a matter of concern to be taken seriously. Especially when it is cloud related. I am even wondering whether it is legal.

1 Like

Vera Concierge is listed by google. When it went up as a option it happened within minutes of the announcement.

It has been three plus days. Something is not right. I am guessing this is more then a propagation issue.

2 Likes

Whatever it is, it’s something on Google side. The guys just responded giving the same non-descriptive message I’m already giving as well. :slight_smile:

They coordinated the problem with the engineering team and tracking the issue internally and plan to address it. The exact words.

2 Likes

and also i think leaving “auto update” off by default would be good also … update plugins on demand

Hehe, that IT lingo … :joy:

Hi Sorin,
Sorry if the question was already asked…

Will the google plugin be french compatible ? I mean, will I be able to talk french to google home and the vera will act ?
Thanks Sorin !
Sylvain.

1 Like

Agree 100%, I have no idea why anyone thought this auto-update to crash and reload the engine without user control was a good idea. Well this forced my hand to block the vera from accessing the apps and plugin server and wow… the luup engine load much faster now. Pretty interesting…

1 Like

Still nothing in Google Home! Australia.

Anyone had any luck at all anywhere?

In Russia, too, itching is scratched ) ))

Ok, so where we can download it from? As after 1month is still nothing in Google app

Ia this integration working for anyone ? Regards,

The Vera plug-in app on my Vera Plus and Vera Edge units has appeared. However I cannot see the “Vera Control” Home Control Service in the Google Home app, like everyone else

Also when you add a new device in the Vera web GUI and select “Voice Assistants” then “Google Home” you have a broken 404 link where it says user guide.

Also there is this webpage for the Vera Control service

If I send it to a phone or to a Google Home device it says:

“Sorry, it looks like that device hasn’t been set up yet.”

One guy has left a one star “review” that makes no sense :thinking:

@Sorin There is no confusion here…the action is not available, pretty simple. It seems the confusion is on your end. Your link to the assistant app provides ZERO helpful insight. It may as well just be a advertisement, that is opening up your base to leave one star reviews. If you do anything from that google assistant page, it just says this action hasn’t been set up yet. Hence our original issue, it’s not in the home app. Figure out the confusion between you and Google. There is no other course of action here besides hounding google incessantly until they fix it; assuming it is actually on their end.

1 Like

@sorin Not wanting to add to the current confusion, but in the Q&A instructions that you provided a link to “Everything you need to know about Vera Control’s Google Integration”, the comments regarding the Vera firmware level required, say that it needs to be at: 1.7.4470, and if it isn’t there, just click on the “Update button”.

My VeraEdge shows its FW level is at 1.7.4452, which it says is the current level, and there is no “Update button” available, as far as I can see.

3 Likes

same for me with a Vera Plus (Australia) no firmware update option to 1.7.4470, stuck on 1.7.4452

Hi everyone, the fact that everyone has their plates full around the offices is not news and certainly not an excuse.

The rushed announcement was made because of the same excitement as yours, to deliver something that you’d liked to have for a while now, namely Google Home integration. But as Murphy’s Law might say, if something is prone to go wrong it will certainly do. So here it is, we’ve got certified, we’ve announced people that we are certified, and things were not quite ready, even tho on our side everything looked good.

We’ve corrected that, thank you.

We are addressing this as we speak. Until we tie all the loose ends, don’t hesitate to ask questions here or through our Customer Care dept. and we’ll help.

3 Likes

Thanks @Sorin for the transparency. We will all be looking forward to the updates.

@Sorin , thank you for the update

note that the “We are only supporting English at this time” calls for some clarificaiton. does it mean that for instance in some country ( like FR ) we will not see this VERA Smarter Home service appearing in the google home service list ?

also, even if it does, is really a killer for a large part of the world, there is no point for us , non english speakers , to talk to our google home in english so I really hope you plan very quickly to have some other languages support.

thx again for your efforts

2 Likes