Toggling Light on/off several times

I have a multicolor pool light that rolls through the colors slowly when the light is turned on. To choose a specific color, you have to turn the light on/off within a couple of seconds to choose the color you want to stay stationary. How do I set a scene so when the light is turned ON, it is turned OFF then ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON. Basically I want it to toggle ON and OFF several times eventually staying on the color I like? I tried setting a scene to turn it on and off but the scene will just run endlessly turning the light on and off till I disable the scene. I wish there was a way to insert a “stop” running the scene.

Use AltuUI. You can access a ‘Toggle’ action there. I spent ages trying just to get a normal light switch function.

C

I installed AltuUI, not sure where to go from here? I tried creating a scene in it, so when the light turns on, the action is Toggle but it doesn’t seem to be working/doing anything when I turn the light on.

The scenes I have are simply have one action ‘Toggle the switch’

Then when I run it, if the light is off, it goes on. If the light is on, it goes off…

C

I got it working, it toggles the pool light but I’m back to square one as it keeps toggling the light switch and doesn’t stop unless I disable the scene. Is there a way to stop a scene from processing after X seconds?

Have you created a scene doing it all?

Not quite what I intended was to manually turn toggle it as a normal light switch to set the colour.

I may have mis understood your requirement here (and confused it with another question. Or I may be imagining things)

Can you restate the problem for me / us?

Cheers

C

When the light is turned ON, I would like to have scene to automatically turn it OFF after 2 seconds, then ON after 2 seconds, then OFF after 2 seconds, then ON again. Then I would like the scene to stop running/triggering. The issue is it gets stuck in a loop because the initial trigger is when the Light is turned ON.

I figured it out while responding to you. I installed a virtual switch plugin. I set a scene to turn on the virtual switch with the light is turned on. I then set the scene that turns the lights on/off multiple times to use the virtual switch as the trigger instead of the light ON trigger. I also set the virtual switch scene to turn back off after 30 seconds.

So the initial trigger is just the light turning on?

Reactor can do this then, as you’re starting from a known state.

I can’t recall quite how you’d do it, but the conditions would be ‘device state turns on’ then I think latch until external reset.

Then your activities would be turn off, turn on, turn off, turn on then reset the reactor.

Pretty sure that’ll do it, but have a play

C

That’ll work as well :slight_smile: . Nice one

C