Too many steps to use Apple watch feature

If the developers of VeraMate are on here I have some suggestions for you on the Apple watch portion of the app.

PLEASE try to lessen the steps required to actually run a scene. When I load my list of scenes, I want to be able to just touch the scene and it run. Your design requires you to click on it and then hit the “run” button. This is one step too many. If I hit the button, just run it.

Also, it would be great if you could have your app take advantage of the new “complications” feature of the Apple watch 2.0 software that allows you to run an app directly from the home screen on the watch. That would also be one less step to get to my scenes, which would be awesome.

Thanks for the feedback. If you go into the Apple Watch, you will see a setting for VeraMate: “Use device control screen”. Turn this off and it will no longer use the extra screen to activate control. It’s hard to cater for everyone by default, so VeraMate tries to cater for the majority, and allow you to customize if that’s not to your liking :slight_smile:

Complications is something on the development list. I also would like to use that, but haven’t investigated the code yet. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

[quote=“veramate, post:2, topic:190294”]Thanks for the feedback. If you go into the Apple Watch, you will see a setting for VeraMate: “Use device control screen”. Turn this off and it will no longer use the extra screen to activate control. It’s hard to cater for everyone by default, so VeraMate tries to cater for the majority, and allow you to customize if that’s not to your liking :slight_smile:

Complications is something on the development list. I also would like to use that, but haven’t investigated the code yet. Stay tuned :)[/quote]

Is there any way to get the same capability on my iPhone. For example, I have a desk lamp saved in my favorites. If I tap on that, I have to then choose an option for off or on. I went into Device Control and unchecked show control buttons. But it still prompts me, even after a restart.

It should be similiar on the iPhone - once you disable “show device control” it shouldn’t show the popup anymore. There may be a bug with disabling that, that I need to investigate - could you try turning it back on, then off again?

New “complications” feature of the Apple watch? Can you planning this?