TP-Link Smart Plug HS110

Thank you!

This is a great little trick to get TP-Link switches integrated. Just added a couple HS103 outlets to control Xmas lights. Many thx.

1 Like

I uploaded the implementation file to github, so it won’t get misplaced again.

@GaryTTirn
I’ve been using your plugin with about 9 HS100&HS110 devices for several months now. Everyday without fail devices turn on and off as expected without a problem. Until this week, I noticed the smart plugs have slowly updated themselves, and one by one are no longer working with Vera. Have you seen this issue at all or happen to know a work around to get them going again? Cheers Ashley

TP-Link probably removed support for the SmartHome protocol in the update as it is considered rather insecure.

Similar issue has been reported for a python tool that uses the same protocol as the Vera plugin.

My own plugs cannot autoupdate as my firewall blocks them from accessing the Internet.
I set up the firewall rules as these plug try to phone home even in local mode and I don’t fancy my devices talking to China.

You might able to downgrade the firmware following these steps somebody took to upgrade them.
https://pceasies.com/blog/tag/pyhs100/

I’ll keep eye out on the github thread if somebody finds out if there something that can be done about the new firmware.

Thanks @GaryTTirn, it turns out it was just a coincidence that the smart plugs were failing, it actually turned out to be my router, it slowly died over the last 2 days as more and more devices were failing to connect. I bought a new modem, reconnected all my tp link plugs, and happy to report that your plugin is again working perfectly with all my smart plugs. cheers Ashley

Good to hear everything worked out. Cheers.

Hi @GaryTTirn, just a quick question, the ip address field keeps randomly clearing for some of my TP Link devices. Some it stays permanently, some randomly dissappear every few days or weeks. When it clears my devices stop working, put the ip address of the device back in, and it stays for a while, the device works fine, then randomly it drops out again. Do you know if there is something I might be doing wrong I should look at? or is this a bug within the VERA software?

Cheers Ashley

Can’t say I would have had same issue myself so far.
I’m running two Vera Edges both with firmware 1.7.4969 and small number of HS100s on both.

I did just have one webcam IP address disappear on one Vera few weeks back and after putting it back it has stayed there. So it could very well be some quirk in the Vera firmware.

Did you happen make a note of the MAC address (in Vera under device’s Advanced->Params) of the device that had its IP address disappear ? If the MAC address also changed/disappeared then chances are your router did something funky and allocated the static IP configured for the HS100s on the router to some other device as well and that could cause all sorts of issues.

Cheers

Be careful out there, now TP-Link really has released a firmware that disables the local access.
Better not let the plugs autoupdate or do the upgrade manually.

Cheers

When I try to run the above URL (with my IP’s) I get this error;

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<u:CreateDeviceResponse xmlns:u=“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1”>

</u:CreateDeviceResponse>

You will get this error in the client side when the client (the web browser) for interprets vera’ s response content as text/xml instead of text/html and no stylesheet have been defined in the response.

This is normal for vera LUUP calls and the browser error can be ignored as the device with ID 54 has been created.

Wondering if you have done any more work on getting status checking working? I have been able to adapt your code to get the HS-220 dimmer working in vera but not having any luck getting status back from the getsysinfo command using tcp:receive.

Thanks for the insight