UI issue saving under ALTUI on Vera

Hello Patrick,

Just installed 3.5 from github on my main VP running 7.31 beta 2. I have noticed two issues since.

1. When I’m editing actions etc. in ALTUI and I click save the button changes to wait but never changes after. The changes to get saved but every time I navigate out of the tab I just edited I get the “your changes weren’t saved…” message even though they were.

2. With 3.5 I saw that there is no way to manually trigger a sensor. I was manually triggering a sensor through a scene previously and can’t find the variable UseLegacyTripBehavior = 1 so that it can work while I get the time to transfer that sensor to a scene.

Let me now what I can do to help thanks.

Ps. Didn’t think a logic summary would be helpful to post in the case :flushed:

You can trip a ReactorSensor manually, it just won’t run the root group actions when you do that. If you need to run the root group actions of a ReactorSensor manually, use (in scene Lua, in your case):

luup.call_action( "urn:toggledbits-com:serviceId:ReactorSensor", "RunScene", { SceneNum="root.true" }, reactor_sensor_number )

You can also use a virtual switch tested in a device state condition in the root group of the ReactorSensor.

If you want to use the workaround variable, you’ll need to create it in the “New Service” tab under “Advanced” in your ReactorSensor. The service ID is (use copy/paste): urn:toggled-bits-com:serviceId:ReactorSensor

1 Like

In 3.5, the behavior of the “Focus on this group” button (in Conditions) continues as before, namely appearing only on the lowest/last group. The button remains with that group no matter where it may be dragged and dropped higher up in the the list. Whereupon, exiting and returning to Conditions once again places the button on the bottommost group (only).

A. Is this the button’s intended behavior?
B. If so, could it possibly be added to all groups? [Feature Request]
C. Likewise, could it be made to appear in ‘Activities’ as well? [Feature Request]

Thanks, @rigpapa!

• Libra

At the last minute I disabled that feature because I didn’t like the way it works, but I apparently didn’t catch every instance. Ignore it. If/when I do a hotfix, it won’t be visible.

1 Like