UI Suggestion... Favorites Only Mode

Garrett,
You know I’m a long time fan of all your work… I use AH 5x a day at least. I’m getting so many devices that the UI is now difficult to navigate and have resorted to creating a few Favorite screens (which works well to solve part of the issue BUT the method of changing from one Favorite Screen to another is not ideal (swiping)

Solution… Favorites Only mode!

In this mode, each Fav screen name becomes a tab at the top with provides quick access without swiping. (reducing steps and fat fingers triggering device actions inadvertently during the swipe)

This will also help greatly for ‘kiosks’ making the UI much easier for noobies (guests, wife, kids) to navigate.

doable?

Interesting that not a single comment… I guess I’m the only one that wants to use this great app on more than just phones?

I haven’t reached that many devices but can see the use case for this.
I do also use it on tablets. Eventually I will enough to fill the screen.

The current interface design will not allow this. The action bar is already consumed by the different sections (Scenes, Devices, Favorites, etc). It would require that the favorites section be separate from the current design. It would also get cumbersome if you have many different favorites. As the more tabs you have would require you to scroll.
My private life and work has pretty much consumed majority of my time. So development on AutHomation has been extremely slow.

• Garrett

Kind of inline with Aaron’s suggestion, maybe some Kiosk options:

-Option to launch at start-up
-Option to restrict access to different parts of the app (the password option already gets you halfway there)
-Ability to manually arrange the tiles

I don’t know how feasible any of those suggestions are and this is still the number one Vera app for Android even without those options.

Greetings,
I Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I believe it addresses an issue I’ve been trying to figure out for a while now.

Is there any way I can set up this application to just show me my “preffered” devices when I start it up without having to swipe over from “Global” or “Favorites” or whatever? Dunno why this bothers me so much, but it just does. ;D

If someone could tell me how to do this, or if it just isn’t possible… I d appreciate it.

Regardless, let me say how much I really appreciate all the work you’ve put into this application, Garrett. Many thanks!

[quote=“Budley007, post:6, topic:183095”]Greetings,
I Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I believe it addresses an issue I’ve been trying to figure out for a while now.

Is there any way I can set up this application to just show me my “preffered” devices when I start it up without having to swipe over from “Global” or “Favorites” or whatever? Dunno why this bothers me so much, but it just does. ;D

If someone could tell me how to do this, or if it just isn’t possible… I d appreciate it.

Regardless, let me say how much I really appreciate all the work you’ve put into this application, Garrett. Many thanks![/quote]

It is in the settings, starting screen/tab/ something