UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - Version 7.0.31 + new Cloud storage service (1.7.5185/1.7.5186/1.7.5187) - September 2nd, 2020

7.30 is not the version of OpenWRT!

Who knows what the version of OpenWRT should be BEFORE and AFTER the 7.0.31 update?

Same here will wait

Not sure why anyone would want to upgrade to this. The ‘known issue’ list seems longer with every version and there are some fairly fundamental things that seem to be known to be broken. @Ioana, how about fixing some of the bugs in a timely manner and releasing another update in a couple of weeks rather than months that sorts out all these known issues?

2 Likes

Vera Plus should be running OpenWRT version 240, and after you attempt the upgrade with this firmware, it should remain at version 240.

Sorry, running VeraEdge. What about those versions?

I didn’t ask about the Edge, I only asked them about the Plus, as I haven’t upgraded my own Plus yet.

I have asked them now your question about the Edge, will have to wait for their email reply again though.

1 Like

Great, thanks.

In case you want to upgrade your Vera Edge and it is running a previous OpenWRT version, please create a support ticket letting us know the serial number of your unit and also remote access enable with the details in the ticket created and the customer care team will attend it as soon as possible!

2 Likes

How do I know which version should be running on my Edge before update? Please tell?

I don’t know but I can tell you it shouldn’t be version 124 like my Edge was.

Welcome to the forum Leonardo.

He is 2nd line support tech at Vera if you were wondering…

I think the correct build for the Vera Egde should be 133 before and after this update. Hopefully @Leonardo_Soto can confirm.

Cheers Rene

I would assume the same also, as they updated my OpenWRT build to 133 on my Edge, after I had managed to upgrade it when it was on build 124.

Thank you for the info. I just submitted a ticket.

@brw3sbc I have had several of those Leviton 4-button zone controllers for many years working with Vera w/o problems. What issues are you seeing?

Be certain that it is the ZONE controller with which you have experience… See the model number in my note. Vera configures these as a SCENE controller, not as a Zone controller. They are different and serve different purposes. The 4 button, plus dim, acts like 4 independent dimmer switches, without load control.

Yes, I know the difference and I use zone controllers. As a matter of fact, I went through several generations of those zone controllers during my 12 years with Vera…
You still did not provide any details to your problems. Vera allows you to activate “scenes” when you press each of 4 buttons On (left side of the rocker) and Off (right side of the rocker). You can either have 8 different scenes activated, or you can have 4 zones turned on or off. That’s how I use them - I have “Zone 1 On” and “Zone 1 Off” scenes and so on. Works great!
The difference between Leviton Scene controller and a Zone controller is that Zone controller have 4 rocker switches and you can directly press On side of it or Off. With the Scene controller there are 4 push buttons - you can press the button and depending on what current state is (whether little LED is on or off), it triggers the opposite scene.

Hi
I updated my veraplus, it took longer than usual, 12 - 13 minutes, everything went well

What do you mean with OpenWRT version 240? As far as I know, no such release exists. Vera itself, according to /etc/banner, reports r39638, a ‘random’ revision in the development trajectory that would eventually lead to the Barrier Breaker release.

Tech support are referring to a build number in a file.

You can see this in the file /etc/openwrt_build.

Sry, haven’t been reading for a while…
So there is a new firmware!
I’m not mother tongue so I might have not understood well: this firmware introduce 1 change (cloud Storage for Vistacam), 2 fixes and 3 new known issue???
And nothing else???

1 Like