UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

Oohh missed that.

Wakeup intervals in general? I’ve not really messed other than with my SRT as that eats the batteries. Suggestions for wakeup on motion and door sensors?

I’ve used your ARR/NNU (I think) code. Does that need to be re-applied for new devices?

Cheers

C

Wakeup intervals have a big impact on battery life. Depending on the type of device, you may need to adjust it. I set mine to 86400 or 43200 depending on type.

Yes the wakeup arr nnu needs to be set for new devices. It is a per device setting and new devices default to enable.

1 Like

Cheers, that makes sense.
The Fibaro sensor I already has runs for year+ on the CR123 so I’m not overly worried. I guess the AAs in the motion sensors might get a bit more eek as the CR2450s in the door sensors. Maybe.

Cheers!

C

1 Like

So, I finally moved to the 7.30 stable version on my Edge and it seems OK. On my second day and no major problems.

I have problems pairing Fibaro Smart Implants, but I’m not 100% sure this is related to this new FW. Next week I’ll be less busy and I’ll try other routes. New devices should be incorporated sooner, but that’s another story.

Got distracted earlier today and instead of updating the iOS I ended up pressing the trigger on the firmware update. No stopping it once it started.

As it happens all went well and it appears to be functioning normally on the Vera Edge. I know there’s been no major reports of issues with the FW update on a Vera Edge but now the wondering if is finally over for me.

A post was split to a new topic: Vera Lite Upgrade out of storage space/

Earlier today my automation stopped working so I logged into my Vera Plus to find that the entire configuration had been wiped showing the dashboard wizard, etc. When I access the main page, it jumps to the firmware page and shows 1.7.4819 (7.30) as the current version. It is interesting because I did not do anything to prompt this behavior - I haven’t added any devices or changed the configuration in over a week.

That said, I restored from an Nov-30 backup, including z-wave, and everything is back to normal but it is curious as to why this happened in the first place. Thank goodness for a reliable built-in backup and restore capability.

Just posting as an FYI in case it helps @sorin and @edward.

Robust backup and restore is good, but if we cannot depend on the configurations staying stable, this is a significant issue, surely?

C

Can you tell if the unit rebooted? By that I mean a warm start or power cycle, not a LUUP reload. I saw this during the initial upgrade to 7.30. Once the unit got out of Xmas tree mode, it came up as a clean configuration and required loading a backup to get back to normal.

My VeraPlus seemed to be working last night, on .29. I noticed some writing errors, which on my Vera 3 meant it needed a reboot. Or at least, it was not an issue before.

This morning, I noticed my bedroom ceiling light did not turn off when my nightstand lamps ramped up. Bathroom automation was working, thermostat was set correctly, cameras were disarmed, so did not think too much about it.

I tried to log into the VeraPlus from my tablet, but I could not “find” its IP address in my browser. Tried to login using the Vera website and it reported by VeraPlus was offline. So I unplugged it, plugged it back in, and now it cannot get an an IP address from the Router - flashing Internet and Service lights.

Did a network reset, then a factory reset - still a flashing Internet and Service lights.

Tried lots of different combinations - flashing Internet and Service lights.

My next step is to log into its wi-fi to see if I can SH into the box to nose around a bit. I hope this is not firmware related. Very strange behavior.

In the meantime, I got my Vera 3 out of the garage, did a restore, and I am back in business until I can get the VeraPlus back up.

In all of the times I’ve gotten the “Xmas Lights” problem, which has been often since 4800, I have never once had to reset network settings or factory reset to recover the box. Power-cycling alone has done the job. But, you need to make sure your Internet access is up and running (and if not static, your DHCP server) when you do. In my experience:

1. Reboot/restart when Internet access is not available will, some high percentage of the time, result in Xmas Lights mode;
  2. If the box is up and running fine but Internet access drops out for more than an hour, it pretty much always/guaranteed ends up in Xmas Lights mode (i.e. sustained Internet outages result in a soft-bricked Plus);
  3. Randomly I will get Xmas Lights mode on any random reload, but I haven’t figure out the specific conditions for that.

But anyway, the point of my reply here is, for you and others, don’t run straight for the large hammers and long knives when you get Xmas Lights mode. First, make sure you have working Internet access (ping 8.8.8.8 from somewhere, open sites on your browser, or whatever you normally do when a family members suggests there’s no Internet), and then, only when you know it’s good, just power cycle the box. As I said, I haven’t yet had to push the Big Red Button this way.

I agree but my Internet connection didn’t drop and reboot didn’t help. I had no choice but to restore from a backup.

@HSD99

Not now but if it happens again, I will be sure to check uptime

@Catman

Agreed but a solid built-in backup/restore is a savior when things go awry and that can happen when running beta software. :wink:

Graphing DHCP latency, it appears? I’m not sure what story that tells.

Unfortunately, I (too) often see total loss of routing with my ISP, while link is up and I can hit their gateway. Usually I can see several nodes deep into their network, and then some internal routing issue blackholes the traffic (it’s Comcast, and they make extensive use of proxies, so I suspect they often bonk). The result is no accessible Interwebs, despite happy lights in all the places most might first look.

No, it is a line quality test that pings the WAN gateway.

Yeah, I’ve seen the same on both Comcast and now Spectrum. So while the above graph could be happy and the link effectively down, that didn’t happen in this case. My Vera woke the house up just fine this morning and I was happily hacking away using a continuous Internet connection when it decided to bork itself. Still a mystery to me but I don’t think the Internet connection is the root cause. I posted this mainly to add to the triage heap for @edward :thinking:

He’s got his work cut out for him.

My house system is running 7.30 (4800) LuaUPnP on the 7.29 OS, and it’s pretty solid. I’m inclined to agree with @rafale77 's suspicion that there’s brokenness in the kernel, but I also don’t think it’s the only problem introduced by the OS changes.

This has happened to me on 7.30, I rebooted after having an issue adding a new zwave device and it restarted to a factory reset Plus.

Are you running the beta or the release that was pulled?

C

I’m running the 4819 7.30 Protect release for the V+ that @sorin posted but that may have been pulled??? All betas before that with pretty good luck. A little bumpy recently but nothing I wouldn’t expect by running betas along the way to the final release.

A post was merged into an existing topic: UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019