UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

I see, I didn’t realize this was causing confusion.

The lua codes only work with 7.30. They do not work with any other firmware.
They are not enabled by default so yes you need to execute them.

I think they only have an impact on 7.30 so the ability to change them is implemented in 7.30 but the default value is not what we want…

C

Understood, thanks for your such a fast answer…. I will do…

Javier

Thx, I’ve already tweaked those settings so I’ll see how it goes.

Thanks guy’s for the positive reviews, my finger hovered over the Upgrade button for a while, I closed my eyes and and hit Upgrade wondering why I do these things…
At the 20min mark it was still Updating.
At 25min. Power cycled Vera

Now I have a borked Edge…

Why do I do these things I hope CS is awake.

You tell me. Got the itch huh?

If you had a USB-SATA dongle and an old SSD laying around, I had offered a safe upgrade here after extrooting for both the edge and the plus. At least doing it that way would have been reversible…

2 Likes

I will never believe ANYTHING Vera tells me again.
I’m downloaded HA the other day and am ready to transfer everything to Homeseer later today.
All the Integrations I need are available between the two system, this is probably the push I needed to leave Vera.
I give CS 4 hours to reply before I pull the trigger but I feel this is all in vain now and this might be my swansong.

edit:
So much for the supposed 24/7 Support, not even an acknowledgement for my ticket.

1 Like

I’ve got about 40 devices on my VeraEdge and am having serious issues with the latest upgrade. Any parts of scenes I have that run on a time delay aren’t getting executed (e.g. I have a bedtime scene that starts making changes to the house at 7 PM and continues turning things off until 11 PM and only the 7 PM things now execute). Also, it completely whacked the Remotec ZXT-120 devices - when I send a signal to them, they get the signal like 30 times (and beep 30 times) as if the function to acknowledge signal received got broken.
I should have left well enough alone and stayed on the old firmware that was working fine for me - just got annoyed it kept redirecting me in the Vera UI to upgrade.

So I have decided to upgraded my Vera Edge to 7.30, I have around 80 Scenes (lots of them time triggered), then I have around 180 devices (virtual/physical - AC powered, battery powered) and 8 plugins (Netatmo, Althue, Harmony Control, System Monitor, PLEG, Countown, Virtual Switch. …). Upgrade process took around 15 minutes, I have logged into and except Fibaro Wall plug which has been renamed to S1 Switch I cant observe any issues. Reloading the pages is quite faster and after creating new Scenes/Modifying Devices I dont observe any blue bar informing me about Reload of LUA/Z-wave network starting etc. I have disabled nightly heal so lets see if I will hit some issue in future. Memory available after update 81 MB (83 MB before) and CPU Usage 0.3-0.4.

I am posting in the hope that Vera staff seems it. I know the update for the VeraPlus has been pulled for improvement (and fixing). I have purchased a new Schlage lock and the beta update does fix the inability to add PIN codes. However, unlike my older Schlage lock on another door, the new lock will not accept restrictions to the PIN code validity.

I don’t know if that is in the work for the fixed update, but I am hoping that will be the case.

I unfortunately updated my VeraPlus to 7.0.30 a few days ago. Remote access is very unstable and my Imperihome app (which I use as my interface) constantly loses its connection now for long periods (and thus control) and randomly reconnects. The Imperihome app has 3 pref settings for connecting: ‘force local’, ‘force remote’ and ‘automatic’. When I choose ‘force local’ all is fine and connection is rock solid. The other 2 settings are flaky. Thus confirming its an issue between VeraPlus remote network negotiations with Mios servers. I logged a help request with Vera who came back to me next day (credit due there) with the following suggestions to try which unfortunately haven’t made any difference or improvement. I am posting their suggestions to let others on the forum try them and evaluate etc.
Vera’s suggestion:
"Click on the tab: Apps> Develop apps> and on the option: Test Luup code (Lua) please paste the following codes one by one and click on: Go, once You have a positive confirmation message, continue with the next line, once You finish all the lines, the controller will reboot, please wait till You have all the lights on solid on the controller and do the log in one more time.

os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy && rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios && reboot”)

After this, the controller will reboot by itself, please let me know if your unit behaves better after this"

Hi @rafale77 , sorry for the question, but, even being used to IT and software, I am totally new to the VERA internals.

My question before to execute the lua codes you developed:

Once there are executed, both the poll to non battery devices and the wakeup nnu will be disabled forever? Or if a value is put in the apropiate parameter again will they work again? Or, if one need to have the poll and/or the wakeup nnu again working should the codes be executed again with some changes in the parameters?

Thanks again for your work and help

Javier

Hi rafale77,
Sorry but I didn’t develop or come up with these lines of code, they were part of the Vera support reply email. Even though I’m reasonably familiar with Vera, I don’t know much about the coding apart from being able to set up SSH keys in Vera and SSH from Vera into a Mac to play sounds. I’ve no clear idea to be honest what those commands are doing. I ran them twice and nothing improved. Polling Battery devices isn’t recommended anymore since they are always asleep so its a waste. A battery device will wake and report any change in its sensor value. Polling permanently powered devices is needed. I’d be surprised if the Vera code could wreak anymore havoc than their update already did.

The lua codes add or edit a couple of variables in your user data. They are completely reversible.

These commands you posted delete some files which are used either only during the first initial factory setup of your vera or during an old firmware which has long been performed and are therefore superfluous and clutter the flash drive of the vera. Support is advising you to delete them in order to free up some space because one of the failure modes of the vera is to run out storage space and crash or otherwise wearing out the few memory cells it has available by overwriting user data to it constantly because the storage is too full. They will do nothing to your zwave network for speed or reliability.
If you desire to look into details, you can read up on the following threads about “storage” and my post about “zwave explained”

1 Like

Nothing worrying about the commands support have given, but can’t see how it’ll improve your connection stability, as Rafale says

C

@rafale77 thanks for your answer. Going a bit further. I was able to find parameters “PollSettings” and “PollNoReply” in the non-battery devices, so, I feel it would be easy to reverse them to the current value they have.

BUT I wasn’t able to find parameter “DisableWakeupARR_NNU” in the battery devices. Is it a new one that will be added to the variables tag of advanced settings of the device? for reversing it (in the case it is needed), will be enough to put it at value “0”?

Same question for “EnableNightlyHeal”, the reversing process will be to put it a value of “1”?

Finally, if the night heal is disabled, that I fully understand your point and explanation, but a heal is needed, which is the way to do it manually (sorry for this surely basic question coming from a newbie in this products).

Thanks again and regards.

Javier

Yes these are new for 7.0.30. They are listed as such in the release note in the first post of this thread and even have a wiki associated. You will also not see controller attributes (these are special variables which are for the controller and not the device) on UI7 for reasons which escape me but this is by design.

A manual heal can be lauched by going to the settings/z-wave settingds/advanced menu and clicking “update neighbor nodes”.

@rafale77 Again, thanks so much for your fast answer.

I will try them tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Best regards.

Javier

Hi, I’m lost about why these aspects ‘DisableWakeupARR_NNU’ and ‘EnableNightlyHeal’ are coming up in the current context. Why are people concerned about the nightly heal? Doesn’t it take place automatically? Re my situation of constant vera mios-network dropouts and crashes, Vera support have emailed to say they will try to downgrade my Firmware to 7.29 as it seems the current one is going to take ages to fix…I opened up the usual SSH tunnel for them but my system is crashing so often I don’t think they will be successful. BTW, when is crashes the ‘internet LED’ and the ‘wifi LED’ flash alternately. I have to power down the Vera to get it back online for another while. Question: Does anybody on the forums have a link to 7.29 so we could all try to factory reset and downgrade to the allegedly stable 7.29?
regards, Denis

I succesfully updated my Vera Edge to 7.0.30. It took about 7-8 minutes. No issues.