UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

Simply enabling veras wifi avoids Christmas lights?
Or using it to connect to the network instead of ethernet?

As for faster reboots … doesn’t the “reboot” option on the “Net & WiFi” panel work for you? Or if you don’t need the VeraSecure’s internal battery (mine’s plugged into a UPS) you can open the battery door and disconnect it so all you have to do is pull the power plug to get a reboot.

Did you disable WiFi on the Net & WiFi panel? I found any changes in that panel bring on Christmas Lights. So I leave the panel at its defaults and have an os.execute(“wifi down”) in my startup Lua. I have had no further Christmas Tree episodes.

On my Vera (Plus), I enabled the 5Ghz network alone, because I have fewer devices in that band. The box still goes into Xmas Lights mode visually, because it’s telling you when it has no connection to Vera’s cloud (Service light out) and no WAN Internet (Internet light out or blinking), but it now does not kill the local LAN and soft-brick the box in that mode, it just plugs happily along and restores to normal when Internet returns, as it should.

Edit: clarification: 5Ghz network on, but unused, default configuration.

1 Like

I’m so glad I didn’t attempt the upgrade. I’m really flabbergasted that a company who’s developers are supposedly on this forum and reading, doesn’t allow one of them to post a simple update every week or so. At best this shows a lack of character.

Thankfully there are still some smart people still in the forums finding the time to respond, to a product they don’t get paid for, while ALSO WORKING FULL TIME on a job that actually pays them to do something else. Ironic. If only 2-3 of them get tired of doing it this product would likely die.

Does anyone know if AltUI can be used on a RaspberryPi with the plugins available? I mainly need the Polaris Pool and Honeywell plugins.

3 Likes

You likely want to run openluup on a pi. @akbooer actually created an entire vera environment save from the zwave/zigbee functionalities to simulate and develop plugins on a different platform and it has morphed into so much more. It indeed relies on ALTUI for GUI and is a much safer and more reliable device to run your scenes and plugins.

1 Like

What @rafale77 said…

Definitely going to look at that. Thanks!

Is there a simple solutiin to migrate all zwave to another controller than vera? So to stop the use of vera as zwave controller and use only openluup and another zwave controller?

Depends on what you define as simple. There is a way to clone the zwave data to a USB zwave dongle and then stick it on a different platform. I shared how to do this in a post a couple of years ago. I Would have to look it up or rewrite it.

The easiest option imo is to clone (using backup and restore) your plus to an edge until they fix the firmware.

You could migrate it all to HASS, if you have a spare Pi, then you can integrate Vera with it to start with, then when you feel comfortable you can migrate the Z-wave network to a UZB.
HASS is a straightforward setup all contained in one download.

I’m aware of this option but when it goes into Christmas light mode, all network connections are severed. No way to access remotely. Local network, mios relay and SSH all kaput.

The battery isn’t really necessary but for the time being I’m going to leave it installed. Hopefully a permanent fix is coming soon.
Thank you for your thoughts!

Did you turn wifi on?

1 Like

I still can’t believe that after 391 posts and over a month later, that this firmware hasn’t even been pulled from users updating, says alot for Vera as a company.

Thankfully I no longer use VeraSecure and everytime I log into the controller it prompts me to update to this firmware that has been disastrous for many people, I will not be updating that after this thread.

In fairness it’s been pulled from the Plus. There seem to be very few issues impacting users on Secure and Edge, but that’s not great if you’re one of the impacted ones :frowning:

C

Yes, I switched on the 5G just as you suggested. I did this about 12 hours ago and so far no issues to report.
I’ve read every post in here (or so I thought I did) and didn’t realize this was possible.
How did I miss this?

Fingers crossed!
Thanks rigpapa for this, Reactor and Delaylight too!

2 Likes

By the way, my house Vera Plus running 7.30 (4833) just crossed 15 days without a single reload. That’s a record (for it and for me who loves to constantly tweak things).

1 Like

Same here, but with the beta (4800). Very happy with this, faster gui and less reloads than 7.29.

I hope we will get it soon …

1 Like

same for me! Seems the 4833 is very stable. Have it on 1 device. The other 3 are on hold waiting for a mature FW roll out