UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

Aside from the xmas tree issue my plus has been very stable too.

I’m seriously tee’d off right now, I went to add a new Z-wave device to my Plus and it blew away my entire Z-wave network. FFS, how much longer do we need to suffer with this Charlie Foxtrox before Vera fix it. That’s about 6 times now I’ve had to restore from a backup because this POS FW blew part or all of its config away!!! :rage:

PS, I’ve actually had to manually re-add a couple of devices despite restoring from backup.

Oh FFS, now I cant include an Aeotec Smart Switch 6 as it throws a security error (cant send network key) every time I try. It works afterwards but sits there showing:

Z-Wave device 363 ERROR: Failed to setup security. Please exclude this device from your system, and then include again…Z-Wave device 363 ERROR: Failed to setup security. Please exclude this device from your system, and then include again…

I’ve even tried updating the FW on the SS6 to the latest version. Not, happy! :rage:

EDIT: that’s odd, now it’s working fine and the error has gone … :thinking:

EDIT 2: and just tried a second SS6 with older firmware and same story. not impressed! :rage:

PS, and all this is after blowing away my Plus via factory reset and restoring a known good config!

Maybe this is solved in the new 7.31 beta firmware version?

1 Like

It would have been nice of Vera to put a link in this topic advising it was out!

Here we go, for future readers.

It’s a beta, but it’s very stable. No major changes, it’s running well for a lot of us and it’s clearly the next firmware release. YMMV.

4 Likes

my Neo Coolcam door/window sensors (supported in 7.30) do not report battery level anymore since upgrading to this 7.30. I am using Vera Edge. Could this be fixed in next version?

You have to pair it again. These devices are newly officially supported and need a new pairing.

I am running firmware 1.7.4453 was this version deployed sometime ago? The reason I ask is that my Vera plus unit has started doing weird things and nothing has changed from my input, my Vera plus was also attempting to download plugins that are marked to not auto update and Netatmo app is failing to start also the blue status bar is stating downloading luup apps failed try again in 10 mins. I did notice earlier today that the community Vera site was also having issues and would not load when I tested from 2seperate internet connections

thank you, will try :ok_hand:

This is the version released back in August 2019: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021949813-UI7-Web-UI-7-0-29-GA-April-24-2019

I’m sorry for this, the forum is back up, we just had a few hiccups in the morning.

1 Like

It seems that I am not the only one experiencing apps attempting to auto update when marked not too auto update (and failing in a constant loop), any idea what might be causing this?

image|281x499

1 Like

This seems to have come with 7.30 and is still present in 7.31.

Does 1.7.4453 firmware number = 7.30 as this has only started occurring on my system in the last few days and i have changed nothing

@PrincessCleavage, 1.7.4453 is the firmware version for a Vera Plus as per update 7.0.29. It went to GA (General Availability) on 24 Apr 2019. See UI7 Web UI 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019 (Release Notes)

I did not upgrade to the 7.0.30 version. Now, when I try to add a new device, in the middle of adding a new device, I’m redirected to the firmware upgrade screen where there is no upgrade available. I can’t add a new device due to this as it happens within 15 seconds. Is there a way to stop the system from redirecting to the firmware upgrade screen for no good reason?

Hi @anx7z3,

I have a Vera Plus running 7.0.29 (1.7.4453) and have noticed a tendency for UI7 to go to the firmware upgrade screen since the upgrade to 7.0.30 for the plus was pulled in November 2019. It particularly seems to be triggered by down a tab/window refresh (I tend to use Microsoft Edge for local access to my Vera Plus). That having been said it has not stopped me from adding new devices but I make sure that I sue the [Back] button with UI7 rather than refreshing the tab/window unless I don’t mind taken a diversion via the firmware upgrade screen. I am hoping the problem will go away when a stable new version of the firmware is available for the Vera Plus.

This is painful and in order to prevent this in future firmware, I would suggest to create a new post in the bugs/request section, to eliminate the forced forwarding to the new firmware page. I think this is rather new.

Now to alleviate your problem temporarily, I could go the deep end and have you edit a file in the vera. Run this in the test luup code screen:

os.execute("cat /etc/cmh/version > /etc/cmh/version_latest")

@Sorin, this is a very annoying and useless new feature of the webserver… It was not as aggressively prompting us to upgrade before. I don’t think it should ever be doing that. A user who wants to upgrade his unit will go to the firmware screen. You should not need to forward the user to it… ever.

2 Likes

I agree with @rafale77 , but at the same time some notice should arrive to all the VERA users that a new version is ready to be installed….

Regards.

A banner on the dashboard is more than enough.

4 Likes