UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

thank you, will try :ok_hand:

This is the version released back in August 2019: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021949813-UI7-Web-UI-7-0-29-GA-April-24-2019

I’m sorry for this, the forum is back up, we just had a few hiccups in the morning.

1 Like

It seems that I am not the only one experiencing apps attempting to auto update when marked not too auto update (and failing in a constant loop), any idea what might be causing this?

image|281x499

1 Like

This seems to have come with 7.30 and is still present in 7.31.

Does 1.7.4453 firmware number = 7.30 as this has only started occurring on my system in the last few days and i have changed nothing

@PrincessCleavage, 1.7.4453 is the firmware version for a Vera Plus as per update 7.0.29. It went to GA (General Availability) on 24 Apr 2019. See UI7 Web UI 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019 (Release Notes)

I did not upgrade to the 7.0.30 version. Now, when I try to add a new device, in the middle of adding a new device, I’m redirected to the firmware upgrade screen where there is no upgrade available. I can’t add a new device due to this as it happens within 15 seconds. Is there a way to stop the system from redirecting to the firmware upgrade screen for no good reason?

Hi @anx7z3,

I have a Vera Plus running 7.0.29 (1.7.4453) and have noticed a tendency for UI7 to go to the firmware upgrade screen since the upgrade to 7.0.30 for the plus was pulled in November 2019. It particularly seems to be triggered by down a tab/window refresh (I tend to use Microsoft Edge for local access to my Vera Plus). That having been said it has not stopped me from adding new devices but I make sure that I sue the [Back] button with UI7 rather than refreshing the tab/window unless I don’t mind taken a diversion via the firmware upgrade screen. I am hoping the problem will go away when a stable new version of the firmware is available for the Vera Plus.

This is painful and in order to prevent this in future firmware, I would suggest to create a new post in the bugs/request section, to eliminate the forced forwarding to the new firmware page. I think this is rather new.

Now to alleviate your problem temporarily, I could go the deep end and have you edit a file in the vera. Run this in the test luup code screen:

os.execute("cat /etc/cmh/version > /etc/cmh/version_latest")

@Sorin, this is a very annoying and useless new feature of the webserver… It was not as aggressively prompting us to upgrade before. I don’t think it should ever be doing that. A user who wants to upgrade his unit will go to the firmware screen. You should not need to forward the user to it… ever.

2 Likes

I agree with @rafale77 , but at the same time some notice should arrive to all the VERA users that a new version is ready to be installed….

Regards.

A banner on the dashboard is more than enough.

4 Likes

Maybe the elegant way would be to have a flag to be set upon first notification for the user to decide whether they want to upgrade and if not, whether to be notified later or not at all… “skip this version”. I am finding this forced forwarding to the firmware page completely overdone.

1 Like

or just an option to “enable or disable firmware update prompt”

Hi guys,

I’ll bring this up and see what I can do.

2 Likes

@Sorin, I can completely understand why disabling the firmware update prompt would be undesirable, and in fact, I myself would not advocate for that. It would be useful, though, if the message could be hushed for a period of time, like a week, so we just don’t have to keep fighting with it. I think most people object to the constant irritation of being interrupted, not the simple act of being occasionally reminded that something new is available. My 2p

8 Likes

@sorin i have a new ZW132 from Aeotec. The switch works fine, but the parent switch constantly shows Cant Detect Device. The two child devices for each switch are working fine.

I figured out a workaround by accident. I normally link directly to the vera, but in this case, going through the proxy and authenticating causes the bogus upgrade notification to appear only once during that session. Ugh.

Best way to diagnose this, is through our support team. Please hit the “Need help” button up top.

1 Like

I tried to disable nightly heal on Vera Plus / 7.0.30 using the provided lua command on Test Luup code window. After that I manually changed neighbors setting for a particular device (advanced - variables).

Now I noticed that these changes had vanished for the device?? Is there some configuration file on Vera that I could check by ssh’ing into the box, to make sure nightly heal is indeed still disabled?

The best way to check whether it was disabled is by looking at the log and, at exactly 2am, see if it starts the nightly heal.

If you are looking for the variable, one way is to use altui and look at the controller table. If not you can run a luup.attr_get command. I can send you the exact command later.