UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019

Any news about corrected firmware for Plus?

Upgrade my Vera Edge yesterday without incident and no apparent after effects. :smiley:

Yeah the edge didn’t get the dodgy bits the plus got. My edge has been perfect, plus not so much. I’ve actually considered switching over to the edge as my primary as a result.

So it looks like Santas not coming before Christmas (new stabile update ) .
Well i guess its smart to release it after The holidays if it has any unnoticed bugs .
For the first time in my Life with Vera i did not update asap as it got out and is really satisfied with that reading all comment… but really want a more relieble fast Vera anyway.

Happy Christmas to everyone and to the hard working team of Ezlo Vera…

/ Mattias

Certainly wouldn’t expect a release pretty much after Thanksgiving, but different companies etc.

Happy Christmas to all :slight_smile:
C

1 Like

Small update my side: Since I had a major issues after 7.30 on my edge I decided (after long troubleshooting) to disable all logging (that Vera support ever turned on). This relieved my Vera from unneeded cpu cycles I think and made my z-wave network (response etc.) and vera itsself very reliable again. For what’s worth trying set like this:
Settings → logs:

I unchecked the first two to see if I notice any thing for the better. I did notice a LUUP restart each time I unchecked one.

The LUUP restarts are normal after making this sort of (to the system) major change.

I would say LUUP restarts seem to be a normal part of Vera :roll_eyes:

I have learned that they don’t have to be! I’ve got a heavily loaded VeraSecure that I’ve seen run for 6 weeks (the longest I’ve ever kept my hands off it without making a change that forced a restart). My salvation was to stop using the big plug-ins and code Lua myself about a year ago.

There were three plugins that I wasn’t ready to code a replacement for myself yet, and I moved them to a separate VeraPlus. I communicate as necessary between the Plus and Secure with http: requests. The Plus has only those plugins and 3 Zwave devices paired. It runs no more than 50-60 hours between reloads.

Which 3 plugins do you still use?

Actually it’s four plugins … my bad: I missed counting gengen’s LCD-1/RFWC5 plugin because it doesn’t show up on My Apps. The other three are Ecobee Thermostat, Logitech Harmony, and Mimo Lite.

I’m having the same issue. Verasecure Christmas lights and its now after Christmas.

This has been going on WAY too long.
What the hell is being done to solve?

Did it hang the box, or do you just have Xmas Lights with automations still running?

Seems to still run automation “usually”.
All network communication is down. Mine is hard-wired to my router, no wifi.

With VeraSecure, reboots are a pain… having to hold the reset button for 30 seconds and then pull the power plug.

I think I may wire an arduino up to the reset button and service light and relay to the power. Then I can have the arduino recognize a failure and reset the Vera for me… since Vera Co doesn’t seem interested in fixing this. My wife now hates Vera… she used to love it.

Ughhhh.

1 Like

I’m guessing your WiFi is disabled…?

1 Like

You bet your boots it is. I have way too much radiation in my house already without that unnecessary stuff enabled.

I suggest you allow the radiation temporarily.

2 Likes

Simply enabling veras wifi avoids Christmas lights?
Or using it to connect to the network instead of ethernet?

As for faster reboots … doesn’t the “reboot” option on the “Net & WiFi” panel work for you? Or if you don’t need the VeraSecure’s internal battery (mine’s plugged into a UPS) you can open the battery door and disconnect it so all you have to do is pull the power plug to get a reboot.

Did you disable WiFi on the Net & WiFi panel? I found any changes in that panel bring on Christmas Lights. So I leave the panel at its defaults and have an os.execute(“wifi down”) in my startup Lua. I have had no further Christmas Tree episodes.