UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019

Just upgraded my VeraPlus, it did come back up completely clean (no devices or scenes). One hour and a support ticket later, everything is fine. :slight_smile:

Can’t say i feel much change, still a bit sluggish on the web interface, but everything works well.

Edit: I have to go back on the speed thing, the web interface is definately quicker now. Good!

The code is actually in the firmware. I can see it. IFTTT is like google home native integration a very bad idea of cloud to cloud integration which is complete nonsense from a technical standpoint being a liability to your home with no value added (unlike google home) but that’s just my opinion. Everything it does could and should be done locally. I may be a bit more tech savvy than most but to me the setup convenience they provide is far from outweighing the security, reliability and speed of local processing.
Vera needs to make a choice of whether going for cloud processing and integration like smartthing, or go local like homeseer and hubitat. Most of us are here in great part because of the local processing so relying on the vera server, which is what IFTTT and Google home are imposing, is contradictory to the design principle.
That being said, you are more disappointed by the undelivered promises and credibility which is understandable. The lesson to learn is to buy not on future roadmaps but on current capabilities. That’s the only way you can hold the selling company accountable.

2 Likes

A little leary after the last update requiring someone from Romania on an RDP session to my Laptop so they could ssh into my Vera from a “local” ip to fix it and that took hours to accomplish. Not so concerned to have them on my laptop as I could see what was going on but really? The f/w before that required a little massaging from Vera Support too but not to this extent.

It seems to always be an issue with free memory. Any tips to avoid that? I have removed the ENRGY plugin since but I’m still leary. I especially don’t want to loose my custom app from Pool Control and all the settings and scenes as well as fully functional Alexa Routines with an update when things seem to be running pretty well.

1 Like

Have not been prompted to upgrade to GA yet. Firmware menu states I am running latest.

Saw the notification on my dashboard last night and figured “New company focus, what could go wrong” Backed up and hit update. Bricked my slightly older than one year old Vera Plus. Which was a replacement for the one that was bricked back in Jan 2018.

For people who brick their units I would suggest to read up this:

Think it is too late for that. Cannot get ssh to connect anymore. Can get the prompt sometimes, but will not accept the root password.
Likely their warranty is going to be one year and I will end up deciding to stay with Vera or learn openhab. Good news is I am retiring soon so will have lot’s of time.

Thanks for your response. Have been following your thread on memory usage, but I don’t do much with mine so never thought I needed to worry about it. And since it was just over a year old, I have not upgraded firmware that many times yet.

Roger

Mine is going on 4 years old. No warranty for me…

Upgraded Vera Plus & 2 Vera Edge tonight. Both Edges no problem & noticeably faster. Vera Plus not so good. Upgrade Crashed, Not enough space (Memory). Called support & they got it back up & running. New Firmware doesn’t seem to be any faster. Will see how it goes?

Upgraded Vera Edge device. I have problems with my Fibaro Keyfob which was working perfectly before the update. The device is configured but there is no responce whatever I click on the keyfob. Tried to modified some buttons settings but there is no changes; no scene is launched.

Maybe I should try to remove the keyfob and add again, but before I would like to know if there is any kind of z-wave communication which is ignored.

with me the same thing (vera plus), I have already removed and added again, however the functions of the buttons are changed and some functions do not work

Have you confirmed that the problem is actually with the keyfob and not the Scene settings. As noted above, when I upgraded my Vera Plus yesterday some of the Scenes I had previously set up lost their “Actions”. This meant that it initially appeared that the Scene Controller I was using was not working but looking at the Scenes page on the web interface showed that the Scenes were actually being triggered (the “Last Run” time was updating) but nothing was happening. Going in to “edit” the individual Scenes showed that the under “Step 2: Device Actions was only the word “Immediately” rather than “Immediately” followed by details of the devices being controlled”. This did not happen with all Scenes only those that had previously triggered Fibaro Double Switch 2s (FGS-223).

Well, I have to confess, Geofencing actually seems to be mostly reliable!

Still earlyish days, but well done

C

Congrats on this release, that I waited like a children is waiting for Christmas :slight_smile:
I’m already on RC and things seems more than stable.

A small thing, causing me to swap a FGS 223 with FGS 222 is related to the auto-off feature. Basically, auto-off seems to be broken (it worked before) for FGS 223. No matter how I configure the parameters (like I did in the past), the switch turns automatically off instantly, and thus is not working with my gate, that’s waiting for a 4 seconds relay to be open in order to open the gate.
I think (maybe) it’s related to the same bug @Bobone found with flash mode. I’m lucky I’m basically using it like this only in one case and I have a 222 backup device laying around to swap (with which the auto-off mode seems to work OK).

1 Like

Vera Edge update seemed to go fine in general, but my two Fibaro FGS-223 devices lost their old names and because of that my PLEG logic/triggers involving those is now broken

Well, I was not able to update and put in a ticket, they wrote back that they had fixed it so I could update.
The update went well.
But all my scenes, rooms, plugins, names for devices are gone.
None of the backups I have changes it nor the one in the system.
I have used the flash drive change from Rafale, but I do not know if it is deleted during update or the fix they made to make it update.
I sent a ticket to CC to help me out.

That’s the intended behavior. You have to exclude and then include again, then reset your scenes. I directly manipulate the user_data.json file, but it’s very advanced and it was necessary since I have more than 20 fgs 223.

Hi everyone,

The update was made successfully on my vera secure yesterday. I saw in the changelog that Neo Coolcam NAS-WR01Z Power Plug are added to the compatibilty devices. I have already one device to my vera and since the begining, no realtime power measure are displayed.

Is the new firmware correct this ? Do i have to reconfigure my plug ?

Well, intended or not, I don’t want to do exclude/include, as I want to keep these in secure mode. Support for the encryption was one of the reasons I bought these Fibaro devices.

Now I’ve fixed my PLEG configuration, replaced ‘undefined’ devices with “new” devices (with new IDs). Hopefully I won’t need to do this again when the next firmware update is released. @Sorin, can you confirm this? Do these new Fibaro IDs “stick” or are they reconfigured in every upgrade in the future?

Upgraded my VERA Edge without problems. Restart done in less than 8 minutes and everything seems to work OK for the time being.

Thanks