UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback

The Home / Away / Night / Vacation modes are useful for far far more than just Alarm systems - I use Home / Away to turn on/off my HVAC Systems as we arrive/leave and Night mode is great coupled to an Alexa routine called “bed time” which turns on our upstairs bedroom lamps and then turns down/up the heat / cooling for overnight and turns off all the lights in the house except for table lamps.

I would love to be able to customize the modes even more and I would like to give them names of my own.
Please also integrate more flexibility in scenes, like reactor does. With conditions like and/or + specific events, like the first saturday in every month, or a specific date.
Good luck - and keep up the good work!

This may have been addressed, there is a lot to finish reading through. But this entire redesign looks like an iOS specific app. Not even Android and I suspect Windows Mobile will be lost entirely. The ironic thing is that seems to be against the current digital trend of mobile websites or PWA to avoid developing apps for multiple types of devices. This also doesn’t tell me anything about the web UI for management from a PC (especially useful while at work or during initial setups). I am hopeful but nervous. And no new screenshots for months doesn’t help.

maybe try altui. one app for all form factors…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html

maybe try altui. one app for all form factors…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html[/quote]

I tried it and couldn’t get it work. However, that is for UI7. I am referring to the new UI8 which this thread is discussing.

-Give to put double switch in two different divisions.
-graphic devices (like datamine2 does).
-Meet the scenarios on the main page.
-compatibility of energy managers with Europe

When UI8 is expected to be released ?

UI is important to improve (especially simpler), this is evident. And adding some new features :

• possibility to create scenes with OR and AND (or combination),
  • warning when space memory is almost full,
  • deleting files when removing a plugin.

Theses improvements are necessary and urgent !

Just seen this thread. The wireframes look lovely. Personally I use the Web UI far more than the mobile. That may change if the mobile UX gets way faster and more stable. I’m not convinced however as for me home automation is just that. Automation. Not control. I don’t like having to pick up a device, unlock it, open the correct app then find the device I want to adjust. I have to do this with my HiFi and it’s much quicker to get up and turn the volume down :slight_smile:

Not seen any other threads about stability and responsiveness, but will limit my observations. Echo the request: When?
Will there be a simple reliable update path (i.e. we don’t have to remove / add everything / recreate everything)
Really must have a proper boolean logic engine built in
Proper storage and memory management (perhaps with an out of the box exroot option)

C

Interfaces are looking great.

I’d love the following features of a new interface:

• improve stability and speed. This is my no one gripe. Makes is unusable. Annoying when your heating doesn’t come on as it crashed.
  • load times for the app, when you’re trying to do something quick, it never is quick. Aim for a 3 second rule!
  • ability to hide devices (ones that are not implemented or real, I don’t use both switches on my Fibaro module for example).
  • ability to hide scenes, some scenes are for automation and are not ever manually triggered. So these appearing in my list is annoying. I’d only want to see these when editing them.
  • ability to design control panels which I can use on IPad’s, IPhones and are stored with Vera, so I don’t have to configure each device and for every user. Simple interfaces for flatmate or partners are a lot better.
  • Logic engine - For example only turn heating on if windows are closed and outside temperature is below a certain temperature.
  • Fix the alexa commands. When do I have to say “turn on close blinds” or “turn on off to bed”.
  • Notifications to Alex and maybe a touchscreen interface on the Amazon Shows those if possible would be great.

The new Ui8 looks great, but there seems to be a silence in development quite a while now…is this the silence before a storm?
When can we expect this new UI to be rolled out?
There should be a timeline…

Why are there so many posts hidden? Nothing is wrong with them. Might want to change the default flags a post gets that it becomes hidden, probably set way too low.

1 Like

Hi all ! I can’t find any screenshot or sources files in order to see the UI interface. Could you republish something please ?

Other question : when will this version be available ? the UI 7 is really, really, not intuitive nor modern
Thank you.

There are pictures in the old forum (you have to login to see them)

But they seemed to ditch that UI and presented a new concept

Thank you fir you answer ! I don’t have any login on the old forum, so I can’t see the picture.
I saw the new dashboard but I think it’s in addition of vera ui8.

I think the original pictures is from an app UI as well.

1 Like

This picture ?

Ho thank you ! It’s really better than UI7… that right.
Hope we will see it soon… or something like this.

Like everything else with Vera, my feedback is that after 18 months after it was “stated” to be happening, WHERE IS IT?

5 Likes

I guess we just keep waiting. 18 months and counting…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.