UI8 new interface, do you like it? please give us your feedback

I hope you consider a:

1. dark mode.
  2. a possible way to change the background color whwn entering the app.
  3. please please more integration, especially konnected device for fire alarms.

A More Easy way to delete/show/notshow devices ( childdevices).

Compress everything in the app so you Don?t have to scroll to much.

A zwave network tool so you can ser hon the zwave devices communicate to Each Other.

Keep upp the god work!
/ Mattias ,Sweden

First of all thank you guys for asking the community for the feedback! This is how it should be going.

My first impressions from the attached screens:

[ul][li]customised dashboard with scene selection - good move! ;)[/li]
[li]icon choosing for particular device - finally! ;)[/li]
[li]dark mode is ‘must have’ so glad to see that[/li][/ul]

That’s all I catch from screens. Generally, I’m excited about the UI8. I would like to see more of them for Web Interface and Windows App.

Below my wish list (sorry if it coincides with previous comments):

[ul][li]more than one dashboard with left-right swipe feature[/li]
[li]configurable order of devices location (on dashboard + on ‘Devices’ tab[/li]
[li]custom icons set - upload from host to mios files + 'Custom/User category in choosing icon for device (just next to INSIDE,COURTYARD,OUTSIDE) [/li]
[li]custom content on the Dashboard - ie clock, weather widget (ie from top right information), URL link, HTTP request [/li]
[li]always on mode for wall mounted tablets (like ImperiHome)[/li]
[li]dashboard full screen mode - for wall mounted tablet[/li][/ul]

And can you make sure it works with Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 tablets, I’d like to wall mount my old Surface 2 as a hac controller as it’s useless for most other things now.

Any estimate of when we might get the first version of UI8?

Hi,

This is my first post, though I?m a Vera user for about six years.

Welcome onboard to the new team, good luck with this.

Something I miss a lot from current UI is the option to define different control pannels/views for my kids, my wife or for me (the Admin 8). So I?d like to provide my children with a simplified panel to control a few devices, probably restricting access to security devices or cameras. However, me or my wife would have full access to every device on some panels (home tablets, laptop, PCs), while more reduced functionality panels on others (such as smarphones i.e).

Also, full control with Alexa/Siri/GooAssistant is a must, same as (offtopic, not really UI) IFTTT integration.

Keep going, team.

Great question!! I remember UI8 was promoted in the last CES we have almost a year wating fot it

If I could make a suggestion…please test your UI in high contrast mode in Firefox and Edge. Right now I can only use Edge for UI7 because many elements don’t show up correctly in Firefox.

This.

I see at the top that ‘customisable’ is a big word in a fancy font, And I’m okay with that. If I can do the above.

I have lots of zwave devices, and I actually quite liked the old UI5 - it displayed devices… in groups and they were just there.
Spent a good number of years on UI5… only JUST upgraded to UI7. I guess I’m a bit of a luddite where this is concerned. (The wife is pretty picky). It worked, it was stable, quick and we used the old Legacy mobile app. But since that’s no longer available, and phones have gotten upgraded etc etc. UI7 it had to be.

I dislike UI7. It’s cluttered, there’s stuff there I just don’t want to see. I don’t hook it up to my alarm. I’m not interested in Home / Away / modes. But there they are… right at the top… I don’t need to see the irrigation when I’m trying to turn on the living room lights…

I’d like something simple, which presents devices I use most often on the front screen. If I can customise that? Great.

As an aside: Less of a luddite - I’m quite liking the alexa integration :slight_smile:

This.

I see at the top that ‘customisable’ is a big word in a fancy font, And I’m okay with that. If I can do the above.

I have lots of zwave devices, and I actually quite liked the old UI5 - it displayed devices… in groups and they were just there.
Spent a good number of years on UI5… only JUST upgraded to UI7. I guess I’m a bit of a luddite where this is concerned. (The wife is pretty picky). It worked, it was stable, quick and we used the old Legacy mobile app. But since that’s no longer available, and phones have gotten upgraded etc etc. UI7 it had to be.

I dislike UI7. It’s cluttered, there’s stuff there I just don’t want to see. I don’t hook it up to my alarm. I’m not interested in Home / Away / modes. But there they are… right at the top… I don’t need to see the irrigation when I’m trying to turn on the living room lights…

I’d like something simple, which presents devices I use most often on the front screen. If I can customise that? Great.

As an aside: Less of a luddite - I’m quite liking the alexa integration :)[/quote]

I also agree that it would be nice to be able to hide things we don’t want to see. I have a bunch of devices that show up due to add-ons that I don’t need to see every day or don’t use at all. It would be nice to be able to hide them but have aq View All button or something that could show all of the hidden ones.

The Home / Away / Night / Vacation modes are useful for far far more than just Alarm systems - I use Home / Away to turn on/off my HVAC Systems as we arrive/leave and Night mode is great coupled to an Alexa routine called “bed time” which turns on our upstairs bedroom lamps and then turns down/up the heat / cooling for overnight and turns off all the lights in the house except for table lamps.

I would love to be able to customize the modes even more and I would like to give them names of my own.
Please also integrate more flexibility in scenes, like reactor does. With conditions like and/or + specific events, like the first saturday in every month, or a specific date.
Good luck - and keep up the good work!

This may have been addressed, there is a lot to finish reading through. But this entire redesign looks like an iOS specific app. Not even Android and I suspect Windows Mobile will be lost entirely. The ironic thing is that seems to be against the current digital trend of mobile websites or PWA to avoid developing apps for multiple types of devices. This also doesn’t tell me anything about the web UI for management from a PC (especially useful while at work or during initial setups). I am hopeful but nervous. And no new screenshots for months doesn’t help.

maybe try altui. one app for all form factors…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html

maybe try altui. one app for all form factors…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,78.0.html[/quote]

I tried it and couldn’t get it work. However, that is for UI7. I am referring to the new UI8 which this thread is discussing.

-Give to put double switch in two different divisions.
-graphic devices (like datamine2 does).
-Meet the scenarios on the main page.
-compatibility of energy managers with Europe

When UI8 is expected to be released ?

UI is important to improve (especially simpler), this is evident. And adding some new features :

• possibility to create scenes with OR and AND (or combination),
  • warning when space memory is almost full,
  • deleting files when removing a plugin.

Theses improvements are necessary and urgent !

Just seen this thread. The wireframes look lovely. Personally I use the Web UI far more than the mobile. That may change if the mobile UX gets way faster and more stable. I’m not convinced however as for me home automation is just that. Automation. Not control. I don’t like having to pick up a device, unlock it, open the correct app then find the device I want to adjust. I have to do this with my HiFi and it’s much quicker to get up and turn the volume down :slight_smile:

Not seen any other threads about stability and responsiveness, but will limit my observations. Echo the request: When?
Will there be a simple reliable update path (i.e. we don’t have to remove / add everything / recreate everything)
Really must have a proper boolean logic engine built in
Proper storage and memory management (perhaps with an out of the box exroot option)

C

Interfaces are looking great.

I’d love the following features of a new interface:

• improve stability and speed. This is my no one gripe. Makes is unusable. Annoying when your heating doesn’t come on as it crashed.
  • load times for the app, when you’re trying to do something quick, it never is quick. Aim for a 3 second rule!
  • ability to hide devices (ones that are not implemented or real, I don’t use both switches on my Fibaro module for example).
  • ability to hide scenes, some scenes are for automation and are not ever manually triggered. So these appearing in my list is annoying. I’d only want to see these when editing them.
  • ability to design control panels which I can use on IPad’s, IPhones and are stored with Vera, so I don’t have to configure each device and for every user. Simple interfaces for flatmate or partners are a lot better.
  • Logic engine - For example only turn heating on if windows are closed and outside temperature is below a certain temperature.
  • Fix the alexa commands. When do I have to say “turn on close blinds” or “turn on off to bed”.
  • Notifications to Alex and maybe a touchscreen interface on the Amazon Shows those if possible would be great.

The new Ui8 looks great, but there seems to be a silence in development quite a while now…is this the silence before a storm?
When can we expect this new UI to be rolled out?
There should be a timeline…