Under - Your Veras / Devices - Why Toggle Option only?

Hi

Looking under Your Veras and the Devices, it lists everything, yet when clicked on directly it tells you it is toggling that device? A feature I assume that will only work on binary/light devices ?

The reason for asking is that I pressed a light sensor device and now I have a red error message against that device in the Vera UI, which suggests it sends a specific command to any device you touch.

What are the plans for this section?

Can the click option be limited to just those with SwitchPower services (assuming that is the only command sent?) ?
Are there plans to sort/group these by room?

As it stands, pressing on the device sends the Common Device action of Toggle, which works for dimmable lights, power switches, security sensors(arm/bypass) and door locks(lock/unlock). I wasn’t aware of the toggle action causing issues with incompatible devices, typically the command is just brushed aside, but I’ll look into it.

The Devices section of the app is for manual enabling and disabling of status updates, and offers a primitive method of control primarily for debugging and testing purposes. With the toasts enabled, you can confirm commands sent and received from standard devices. You’ll also come back to this screen to refresh when you add new devices to Vera. There are several great 3rd party apps available that offer a great UI for controlling Vera, and AutoVera isn’t one of them. But AutoVera lets you create your own UI :slight_smile:

Glad to see you got it up and running, let me know if you have any more questions.