Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice

Thunderbirds are GO!

P.s crap did I just say that…

They had me at the rather definitive statement: “Firmware has been stabilized.”

I have my practical concerns, of course (e.g. how fast I’m going to have to move making any plugin changes needed and getting them approved/released in time), but my much greater reaction to this is just being a bit giddy with anticipation to see what comes. If this statement is just half true, we all likely stand to get a lot of relief from some long-standing, vexing annoyances. I think that’s really what the majority of us want more than anything. There’s no pet device that can be added to the support list that compares, IMO, at least for the moment. First pants, then shoes as they say. Stability has to be #1.

I’m also quite sure this list is far from comprehensive, as improving stability likely involves hundreds or thousands of changes too small (or too internally technical) to be worth mentioning here. It’s almost a shame that entire list isn’t posted, however, as I think it would be a real public testament to the efforts of the developers and QA in the time spent.

I have a very simple system with Vera turning lights on and off based on times of day and sunset etc. I have no current issues with Vera and all the devices I have are fully intergrated. Will it be worth me upgrading or should I wait until the new rewrite FW?

If you are happy with your system and don’t plan to expand it at the present time, I would suggest leaving it as is. The old saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” comes to mind.

[quote=“Roger, post:1, topic:200593”]Vera 7.29 New Device Integrations:

[ul] [li]GoControl WO15EMZ5-1 Smart Wall Outlet[/li]
[li]Zooz ZEN15 Power Switch for Heavy Duty Appliances[/li]
[li]Zooz ZEN06 Smart Plug[/li]
[li]Fibaro FGCD-001 CO Sensor[/li]
[li]Philio PAN04 In Wall Dual Relay (1 way) Switch[/li]
[li]Philio PAN06 In Wall Dual Relay (1 way) Switch[/li]
[li]MCO Home Fan Coil Thermostat MH8-FC[/li]
[li]MCO Home Fan Coil Thermostat MH8-FC4[/li]
[li]Stelpro SMT402 Maestro Thermostat[/li]
[li]Linear GD00Z-5 Z-Wave Garage Door Controller[/li]
[li]Bosch RFPR-ZB Radion PIR Wireless Motion Detector[/li]
[li]Bosch RFDL-ZB Radion Tritech Wireless Motion Detector[/li]
[li]Sengled E12-N14 Element Classic Bulb[/li]
[li]Sengled E11-G13 Element Classic Bulb[/li]
[li]Added support for device detection for 2GIG range of devices[/li][/ul][/quote]

I am using 9 of MCO Home thermostat, so exited you included it to the list, I hope we can control the fan speed on this update.

Pleased to see the Phillo dual relays added, now we need to see the smart energy meter to complete the home environmental control.

Great news, thanks for the hard work.

This is something I would also like to know since I found out that my VeraPlus is really close to the edge and needs a hard reboot at least once a month to function properly:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.6M 8.4M 208.0K 98% /
/dev/root 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 124.8M 376.0K 124.4M 0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 8.4M 208.0K 98% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 8.6M 8.4M 208.0K 98% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 11.5M 38.5M 23% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 11.5M 38.5M 23% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 11.5M 38.5M 23% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/sda1 465.7M 4.6M 432.7M 1% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/mtdblock9 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /mios

Rebooted:
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.6M 8.2M 404.0K 95% /
/dev/root 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 124.8M 340.0K 124.4M 0% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock7 8.6M 8.2M 404.0K 95% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 8.6M 8.2M 404.0K 95% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.6M 48.4M 3% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.6M 48.4M 3% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 1.6M 48.4M 3% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/sda1 465.7M 5.0M 432.2M 1% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/mtdblock9 10.0M 10.0M 0 100% /mios

A few months ago I contacted Vera about the Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat. Although I got this to be recognized by add a generic z-wave device, not all of its capabilities are supported. At the time the reply stated that they already had a request to integrate the device. I’m a little disappointed that it doesn’t appear on the list. The GetVera page claims to support every certified partner device. I don’t have a great number of device but I do have this thermostat and a Centralite smart outlet. These are both from certified partners and neither are really supported. It’s a pretty big ding to Vera’s credibility.

^^^ A few months, many of us having been waiting for years…
One thing I have learnt is that Vera runs on Island time, sometime maybe…

[quote author=Roger link=topic=121477.msg443338#msg443338 date=1550161607]
Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice

We are working on a major release, our first since being acquired by Ezlo Innovation. It contains both systematic improvements, as well as several new device integrations.
We will release the 7.29 Beta version by end of March, and the full release is targeted for early April 2019.

Major Improvements to Expect in the Upcoming 7.29 Release:

[size=14pt]Good Morning All,[/size]

WOW!, great job with the new upcoming release, I am sure this will help the promotion of the Vera line.

Since the new release is scheduled for the end of March, there is one item that should be included, which I am sure a great number of users would appreciate having, and possibly help to attract new clients.

its the new Fibaro Smart Implant an extremely small device/interface which allows one to add A/D and Digital sensors to ones system, see following link for info ( Smart Implant - to make your old device smart | FIBARO ).

Your feedback on this addition would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.
Dom

Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…
Looking forward to all of it.

[quote=“svaleb, post:32, topic:200593”]Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…
Looking forward to all of it.[/quote]

That slow uh!.

Maybe with eZlo as the new owner, this could happen faster???

Dom

[quote=“poordom, post:33, topic:200593”][quote=“svaleb, post:32, topic:200593”]Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…

That slow uh!.

Dom[/quote]

Integration with other products out there is a priority for us.

Is integration with Google Home (which has supposedly been about to be released any time now for over a year) and IFTTT (which has been in beta for more than a year) on track to be released soon or is that only going to happen after the all new firmware is released? Thanks.

1 Like

[quote=“melih, post:34, topic:200593”][quote=“poordom, post:33, topic:200593”][quote=“svaleb, post:32, topic:200593”]Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…

That slow uh!.

Dom[/quote]

Integration with other products out there is a priority for us.[/quote]

Thanks Melih for your response.

That being said, do you expect the devices we are asking for inclusion, will be added in the upcoming Firmware revision.

Melih, since you seem to be well connected, let me ask you, with the recent substantial price drop on Vera controllers, which normally means that a new replacement product is in the wings, can you confirm or deny, this possibility.

Thanks

Dom

[quote=“poordom, post:36, topic:200593”][quote=“melih, post:34, topic:200593”][quote=“poordom, post:33, topic:200593”][quote=“svaleb, post:32, topic:200593”]Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…

That slow uh!.

Dom[/quote]

Integration with other products out there is a priority for us.[/quote]

Thanks Melih for your response.

That being said, do you expect the devices we are asking for inclusion, will be added in the upcoming Firmware revision.

Melih, since you seem to be well connected, let me ask you, with the recent substantial price drop on Vera controllers, which normally means that a new replacement product is in the wings, can you confirm or deny, this possibility.

Thanks

Dom[/quote]

We will always have new toys coming off the conveyor belt for you guys to play with :slight_smile:

[quote=“svaleb, post:32, topic:200593”]Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other…

And What about The FGS-213 and 223?

Is integration with Google Home (which has supposedly been about to be released any time now for over a year) and IFTTT (which has been in beta for more than a year) on track to be released soon or is that only going to happen after the all new firmware is released? Thanks.[/quote]

IFTTT sucks anyway in my experience. Plus, relying on a cloud-based system is not reliable. I tried setting up some simple tasks with my phone and the response time was absolutely pathetic, the reliability hit and miss.

[quote=“melih, post:9, topic:200593”]this is only the start guys!

We have now an amazing engineering department who can keep delivering amazing stuff![/quote]

Many thanks. Looking forward to the fixes. Also, looking forward to new hardware announcements so we can support you back