Update on ZW3008

I was on the phone with Vera, a common occurrence, because the interface keeps going to the update section when there is a new update. I didn’t want to update because later versions brick the ZW3008 units and I have already bricked 9 f them at my home and didn’t want to brick the 7 units at my vacation home.

The tech told me that they fixed the ZW3008 problem and that I could update. Yea right, I have been told that before and it never worked. It took about 30 minutes for the tech to turn off the auto switching to the update page so that I could actually get stuff done.

When I got back to my primary home I figured that I would update the firmware since Vera had already bricked all my ZW3008’s there. I was slightly optimistic that they had fixed the ZW3008 issue.

Well, I am here to tell you that it is not fixed. Vera does not support the ZW3008. Thankfully I am working on getting a controller that will work with the ZW3008 and that I can access the code to use scripts to automate the system.

I have no idea what the folks do at Vera but it seems that getting the ZW3008 to work is beyond their skill sets.