Upgraded Firmware - VA Not Working

Hi All,

Love Vera Alerts, it adds some excellent capability to the Vera. Anyway, it’s been working fine on my Edge until I clicked ‘Upgrade Firmware’ the other day, then it stopped working. I am sure it’s something simple but after a couple of days, I can’t figure out what’s up.

I can send a test message from the Vera Alerts interface on the Edge and the phone will speak it. However, my notifications for the alarm such as ‘Armed Away’ are no longer being spoken or logged. The Vera Alerts log on the phone does not update with the alarm state changes (such as arming or disarming) where it used to. Any ideas?

The firmware is 1.7.2043

Cheers

I have created a new alert on a zwave plug and ticked the box to notify me. Went into Vera Alerts and confirmed it’s showing on the Notification Configuration tab but still not working.

There is a bug with the latest firmware.

To work around it After you run Notification Configuration,
you can create a dummy scene with manual trigger and some simple action.
Creating the scene will save the changes from Vera Alerts.
You can than delete the scene.

Thanks, this is what I did:

1. Added a device notification
  2. Vera Alerts - Notification Configuration Tab - Reload Luup - Refresh browser
  3. Scenes - Add Scene - Manually Triggered - Selected a device - Validate
  4. Tried to get a device notification

But it still didn’t work. Have I missed something?

Do Not Reload LUUP or Refresh the Browser … that will flush the changes.
After you exit the Vera Alerts editor … immediately create a scene. As part of creating the scene it will restart LUUP.

Ok tried that but it still didn’t work. Any ideas why? This is what I did this time:

1. Vera Alerts - Notification Configuration Tab - Modified a notification text
  2. Clicked on Scenes - Add Scene - Manually Triggered - Selected a device - Validate
  3. Tried to get a device notification

It looks as though it automatically reloads Luup as soon as I click away from the box where I made the modification to the text?

When you go back to Vera Alerts … at the top does it says something like

X notifications update.

You might need to send me the output of the status report.

Have attached a screenshot of the page. How do I send you an output of the status report? Am happy to do this :slight_smile:

Is there any idea on what to try next?

You are on the older version of Vera Alerts …
The error you are seeing is caused by a Vera Bug in the latest Firmware version.
Vera indicated that they fixed the bug in the Beta version that just came out, but people indicated the problem is still there. In Vera a notification is implemented as a scene.

You can probably fix your errors by removing not text, number and space characters from your messages until Vera fixes the problem. (I have seen people with a single quote ’ in the message causing the problem).

Thanks. I have upgraded the Vera Alerts app to the latest version. Added a notification then created a manual scene but still doesn’t work. :frowning:

With my latest Plugin 8.x There is additional MCV bug in play.
You will still have problems with the special characters.
Also saving will not work.
If you want to save … you Need to create a Dummy Vera Scene after editing notifications.
The act of creating the Scene … saves the Vera Alert changes. You can later delete the scene.

You still need to remove the not text/number characters because of the previously described bug.

I’ve removed all of the text so it’s set to the defaults (e.g. one word, no spaces, no special characters). Still not working.

I’m just in the process of upgrading to the latest firmware (24th August 2016, 1.7.2139), hope that fixes it.

EDIT. Still not working :frowning: Any advice as to where to go from here?