URGENT HELP ! OH **** PLEG just died

On my test Vera Edge I’ve let it update PLEG to version 9.1 again.

And I have then pulled the power completely from the unit and plug it back in again.

After it comes back online again PLEG is broken again.

There is obviously some corruption in the new PLEG plugin files coming down from the MIOS servers.

My production Vera Plus is working again now, just restore a backup from yesterday and then uncheck auto update on the PLEG apps.

I am up and running and can see all my logic rules again.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. rebooted, power cycled, restored backups, nothing fixes it so far.
just trying to turn off autoupdate…

@freddy4th you will need to restore a backup from before when the autoupdate occurred, this could be a far back as Oct 23. So basically get back to a state where you are not on 9.1 as the version, then turn off the autoupdates. Looks like Richard (owner of the plug-in) is also looking into the issue.

That’s the only thing that will fix it.

Restore a backup from yesterday, check the app versions are then these:

Program Logic Core (PLC) = 8.23
Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) = 8.11

Uncheck auto update and you should be good.

1 Like

Just do a POWER CYCLE reset to complete the install.

this doesn’t work, I tried multiple times and still got the same error

Hi Richard

I’ve power cycled my Vera Edge twice running the 9.1 version and it doesn’t fix it.

Still get “Error Reading Data” and nothing loads in the PLEG device.

Cheers.

1 Like

Just to confirm, this worked for me. I had to disconnect the internet connection to stop it updating before I got in to turn off autoupdate. Now back on 8.23 and 8.11 and all good.
Need to complete my switchover to OpenHab as never have these kind of issues there…

1 Like

To be fair PLEG has run for donkey’s years without issues. Looks like some corruption in the new plugin files possibly.

Yeah same for me, three years without an issue with PLEGs and I have lots of them… Is it better to disconnect internet before restore of Vera or will I be able to turn off auto update after restore before it updates itself?

@RichardTSchaefer I have also power cycled and PLEG still not works…

You can’t unplug the ethernet cable before doing the restore if you are downloading a backup file from the Vera cloud.

Just do the restore and then as soon as its back quickly uncheck the auto update boxes on the PLEG apps. That’s what I did.

Or do the restore let it complete and then pull the ethernet cable.

Or from the " Your System Backup Log" area download the backup file locally.

Then unplug the cable then restore it from that locally downloaded backup file LOL.

1 Like

Over 10 years for me !

Once your up and running again, I recommend you all backup your PLEGs just to be on the safe side.

Give it a name and hit the button, it will dowdload a .json PLEG backup file.

1 Like

I did make a mistake in releasing the code.

I updated the wrong file in the installation kit … Vera broke Install testing with UI7 … so I can’t test until it’s released. I will fix.

6 Likes

Thanks Richard for looking in to this quickly !

Is there a change log? What’s new in version 9.1 ?

Cheers

Thanks Richard!

Well I’m relieved to find out it’s a known issue - being without PLEG is like returning to the stone age.

2 Likes

I’d need a fix soon. Thank you.

OMG, yes I just wanted to open my doors and nothing worked… PLEG says:

Is that this issue?