URGENT HELP ! OH **** PLEG just died

You can’t unplug the ethernet cable before doing the restore if you are downloading a backup file from the Vera cloud.

Just do the restore and then as soon as its back quickly uncheck the auto update boxes on the PLEG apps. That’s what I did.

Or do the restore let it complete and then pull the ethernet cable.

Or from the " Your System Backup Log" area download the backup file locally.

Then unplug the cable then restore it from that locally downloaded backup file LOL.

1 Like

Over 10 years for me !

Once your up and running again, I recommend you all backup your PLEGs just to be on the safe side.

Give it a name and hit the button, it will dowdload a .json PLEG backup file.

1 Like

I did make a mistake in releasing the code.

I updated the wrong file in the installation kit … Vera broke Install testing with UI7 … so I can’t test until it’s released. I will fix.

6 Likes

Thanks Richard for looking in to this quickly !

Is there a change log? What’s new in version 9.1 ?

Cheers

Thanks Richard!

Well I’m relieved to find out it’s a known issue - being without PLEG is like returning to the stone age.

2 Likes

I’d need a fix soon. Thank you.

OMG, yes I just wanted to open my doors and nothing worked… PLEG says:

Is that this issue?

Yes that’s the issue.

Well, this was a good test of my alerts if my boiler fires/TRVs don’t reach setpoint in a specified time :slight_smile:

I only found this post after my second backup restore and I happened to notice Vera unexpectedly making a plugin download.
Good test of emergency backup rollback resilience too.

After 12h running on the restore and disabling the plugin update, nothing weird appears to be happening.

At least the “Error Loading Data” error pretty quickly points out where the issue is.

Is there any way to speed up the process for a solution?

EDIT: I cannot even “disarm” the non-functional PLEG to transfer the logic away to home assistant…

Restore a backup from the 27th of October, check the app versions are then these:

Program Logic Core (PLC) = 8.23
Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) = 8.11

Uncheck auto update on both those PLEG apps.

We are waiting for Richard / Vera to publish a fix for the 9.1 version that rolled out.

Thank you, that would be my question… how long would that fix take to be populated?

(I prefer not to hassle with backups: bad experience).

VERA?

That I don’t know.

Vera support are aware and Richard the PLEG developer is aware of the problem and looking in to a fix.

For those that cannot, will not use backups, is there a repository anywhere of the other versions of the plugin files that can just be uploaded to replace the faulty version?

I did look before restoring myself, but didn’t find them.

If anyone knows exactly which files are required, then anyone with working system could pull them.

I don’t think so its not on Github anyways.

I would assume this is HIGHLY impacting for Vera?

Shit happens, but this hasn’t happened very often at all for PLEG.

PLEG is a 3rd party logic engine, the developer sends new plugin files to MIOS to be published and then MIOS publish them.

There was some issue with the new plugin version and as most of us probably had auto update turned on, the PLEG apps they updated on the 28th of October.

I’ve never had problems with restoring Vera backups myself, so not a problem for me to do it and others here have done the same also.

So unless someone knows of an online repo for the older versions of the plugin files?

Or someone with a working system that didn’t have auto update enabled and they post the plugin files for you.

Or you do the restore

Or you just have to wait for the fix to be published.

That’s what I have asked already a few times. Any idea? Hours, days, weeks, months? Based on this I can make a plan.