USB2 port led flashing/flickering very fast

Good evening!

Recently I build a serial gateway with an arduino nano to controll a servo via another nano.
This worked well.

Today I wanted remotely ( I was fasr away from home) to controll this servo and I noticed that my vera3 was not responding.

I just came home and noticed that USB2 port led was flashing/flickering very fast. I unplugged the vera 3 and plugged it in again , I had to setup the serial port again, and all worked fine.

But the USB2 port is still flashing very fast , maybe something like 10 times a second. I don’t recall vera doing this before.

Someone has an idea what went/is wrong? and how to troubleshoot?

thanks,
Cor

Maybe one of your sensors/actuator is flooding the gateway with messages?

hmmm,

I have one actuator, that is a arduino nano , with a wifi shield and a servo . for the power , the servo is externally connected.

How can I check if the flooding is the case?

So , the flickering is not OK ??!?

thanks,
Cor

When I disconnect the power from the arduino with the servo connected , the USB2-led keeps on flashing rapidly.

Can I say now it is not due to the arduino with actuator I have ?

Cor

Hmm… if blinking not stops on gateway when turning of your (only) sensor/actuator it must be something else.
You’ll have to check vera logs. Could the gateway be underpowered perhaps?

Hello Hek ,

Thanks for looking into this.

Are these the logs where the info would be in?
I got them by typing in “http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

At the end of the log there is something written about arduino , that’s probably when I activated the servo for testing.

The serial gateway is a nano pro , and powered by vera3. What I can ( easily) do is externally power the nano for testing. But can I put a trafo (Think I have got here some 12v still laying around) connected and at the same time use the USB cable connected in vera3? Arduino cannot be powered accidentally by 2 power sources.

Thank you ,
Cor

@Cor,

My Vera 3 flashes constantly too on the port where my Gateway is connected. It has flashed that way since I have connected the gateway (about a year ago) and everything is working fine so I’m just assuming that’s how the Vera 3 works. The servo issue you’re having is probably separate of the flashing.

@ petewill: hmm, thanks, I don’t remember it flashing that quick , or even flashing it at all when I connected it … Maybe I am just looking for something since my vera3 crashed for the first time in 2 years and the only thing changed is the mysensor stuff.

Cor

Yeah, it may really be something, I just wanted to let you know that mine flashes constantly maybe 3-5 times a second but still functions fine.