Used to have second "Immediately" action in a scene, can't anymore

I have a scene to turn all the lights off in my kitchen. If I simply turn them off in the scene, each dimmer is left in the current brightness setting, two of them often at 10% and 20%. When I manually turn these lights on using the physical switch, I need them to light to 100%. I used to be able to have one action in the scene to set these dimmers to 100% and then a second action to turn them immediately off, which worked perfectly.

Now, however, when I edit this scene and try to add a second “Immediately” action, I get an error telling me that time delay is already in use, please select a different delay. If I delay for 1 second (the shortest delay I can select), the result ultimately is what I want, but at the expense of the lights in question going to full brightness for a second before being turned off.

Can we bring back the ability to have more than one immediate action?

You should be able to add a second device to the existing Immediately. Don’t try to add an interval, add actions to it. The UI7 GUI is a bit of a mess with Scene Creation. I have one scene with around 20 devices all in Immeadiate…

I suspect the problem is he’s trying to do two things immediately with the same device . Which probably won’t work. But I could be wrong :slight_smile:

C

Exactly! I need to turn ceiling spotlights off immediately after setting the same lights’ dimming level to 100%.

Exactly! I need to turn ceiling spotlights off immediately after setting the same lights’ dimming level to 100%.[/quote]

Sorry I can only identify the problem, not solve it :frowning:

C

I can’t answer regarding what has been changed, however I can tell you how I am handling a similar case:

On one of my dimmers, I have a scene which is triggered when the light is switched on. Within this scene, I am adjusting the target level based on night/day. As I have set up the dimmer to “ramp up” for 0.5s when switched on, the target level is actually adjusted while the dimmer is “ramping up”, and no flickering is observed.

So instead of adjusting the target level when switching off the lights, you might want to try adjusting it when switching on the lights.

Hi,

You would have to add a line of LUA code in the scene with a luup.call_action(…) to do the second immediate action on the same device.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“Gabriel, post:6, topic:204531”]I can’t answer regarding what has been changed, however I can tell you how I am handling a similar case:

On one of my dimmers, I have a scene which is triggered when the light is switched on. Within this scene, I am adjusting the target level based on night/day. As I have set up the dimmer to “ramp up” for 0.5s when switched on, the target level is actually adjusted while the dimmer is “ramping up”, and no flickering is observed.

So instead of adjusting the target level when switching off the lights, you might want to try adjusting it when switching on the lights.[/quote]

All my lighting scenes specify the desired dimmer levels, of course. (There is a side issue that a few of them don’t ramp properly while others do, but that’s for another thread.) The issue here is when my wife or I want to use the physical switch, say, for the light over the kitchen sink, it remembers the setting from the last scene used, but we actually want it to always come on at 100% when we use the switch. So I want my “Kitchen Off” scene to restore 100% for that dimmer before it turns it off.

[quote=“reneboer, post:7, topic:204531”]Hi,

You would have to add a line of LUA code in the scene with a luup.call_action(…) to do the second immediate action on the same device.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Can you point me to an example? Should the LUA code do the initial setting (ie restore to 100%) or the final setting (to off)?

What I’m suggesting, instead, is to have a “kitchen on” scene, triggered when the light is switched on, which sets the light level to 100%. If your dimmers are configured to ramp up (with the device configuration, not through a scene) for about 0.5s, then the ramp-up delay should be sufficient to avoid any flashing. The target level will then be adjusted while the dimmer is ramping up.
On my Qubino dimmer, that works perfectly.

You CAN add more immediate actions in a scene… I just isn’t intuitive…

1. Go to Scenes tab…
  2. Click on the “pencil” icon to edit the scene…
  3. Under “Step 3: Finish the scene”, click on Advanced editor…

You can then add whatever actions you need by clicking on the “Add action” button. The caveat is that you can NOt use the same action twice… IE You cant turn a light on with urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget/true and then off again with urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget/false… But, for the OP, you can use urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1/SetLoadLevelTarget/100 to set the light to 100%, then urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget/false to turn the light off.

Hi dgb,

So indeed you can. I keep forgetting about the advanced editor part event though I do use it once in a while.

Good tip.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“dgb, post:11, topic:204531”]You CAN add more immediate actions in a scene… I just isn’t intuitive…

1. Go to Scenes tab…
  2. Click on the “pencil” icon to edit the scene…
  3. Under “Step 3: Finish the scene”, click on Advanced editor…

… you can use urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1/SetLoadLevelTarget/100 to set the light to 100%,
then [you use] urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget/false to turn the light off.[/quote]

This works with my kitchen scenes!!!

However, In another room I use the wall switch itself to trigger the scene, I get en endless loop:

I turn the switch off
The scene is triggered which sets the level to 100% and turns the light off
which triggers the scene which sets the level to 100% and turns the light off
… repeat …
Until I edited and saved the scene.

There seems to be no general solution. I got around the new problem by having the on switch trigger a scene which sets the level to 100%, and I get the functionality I want in both rooms. Seems like a case by case solution for me, but I’m happy!