Used Vera Plus, can`t get it to work

Hi, I bought a used Vera Plus off ebay, it said that the user never had set it up.

I created a user, it couln`t detect any hub on my local network so entered the serial and mac manually. It says the firmware has to update, (this means it has a connection to the server??) and stuck on step 2 doing that.

There is no UI on ip adress, the Vera shows up on DHCP list so I know that ip adress it has. I also connected my phone to the wireless network it has, and even got on internet through it.

Tried factory reset 6x button a few times now, power blinks and it seems to do that. can`t seem to get anywhere.

Well… I read another forum thread elsewhere about same issue, no conclusion there as he returned it, but he mentioned that he had an Asus router, almost same model as me so I disconnected it, and connected the Vera Plus straight into my bridged modem.

So now I could set it up.

I checked the internet settings it is set to automatic.

After the setup was done, I reconnected my asus router. Samme issue.

Asus RT-AC68U
LAN: 192.168.10.1
VERA IP: 192.168.10.57

still can`t connect to UI directly

Solved!

I edit this now because I wrote first that this was because of the “Auto detect devices on my home network” that was enabled.

I see now that when I had access to the Vera Plus while it was connected directly to the internet I had also changed the “How does Vera connect to the Internet?” settings from automatic to DHCP. Changing this back to “Automatically configure (recommended)” as it was as standard made me loose all connection to the box again.

So this setting is obviously not playing well with my Asus Router.

Really hope this is an Asus problem because I am going to use this box at a cabin in Denmark far from home (norway) with a 4G router so hope I am not stuck down there with a box that need bridge mode if the auto detection is not working.