Using Fibaro RGBW settings for analog 0-10V inputs

Hello,
using Fibaro RGBW controller with Vera Lite to monitor CO2-concentration, temperature and relative humidity, I have conected sensor output with RGBW chanell IN1-IN3. Vera UI shows 6 light dimming-icons. After setting of parameter 14 to analog (1000 (hex = 4096)) it did not change. What can I do more? Can anybody help?

Best regards

I want to say I have the same question and looking for experience with the Fibaro RGBW module with Vera not as RGB contoler but using the 4 analog inputs (0-10v)

Nevermind, found some myself:

:frowning: :frowning: :‘( >:( :frowning: :’(
“So far we have been unable to get the Vera to show any analogue input devices and values.”

Nevermind, found some myself:

:frowning: :frowning: :‘( >:( :frowning: :’(
“So far we have been unable to get the Vera to show any analogue input devices and values.”[/quote]

This is disappointing. I also wanted to use these inputs. If they worked, the RGBW module would be a very good option to add four inputs and four outputs to Vera.
It looks like the inputs are visible to the Fibaro controller, so it is possible. It seems this is something that would need to be changed by Vera themselves on the integration of the module.

HI,
I am trying to get an analog input signal from this device without any luck. Anyone have any luck recently?

[quote=“wired396, post:5, topic:177407”]HI,
I am trying to get an analog input signal from this device without any luck. Anyone have any luck recently?[/quote]
+1

I was able to get a change on the input to change the % on in Vera: meaning 0 to 10v on input reflects to 0 to 100%. The problem I am having now is I need to figure out how to scale this 0 to 100% value to the units I am looking for, which is degrees F. I am experimenting with PLEG, hoping that I can do the math there.

Did you manage to get it to work ? I am also interested in buying a Fibaro RBW for this purpose. Does the % change linear correctly with the Volt inputs, so 1v = 10%, 2v=20% etc. ?

Anybody get a chance to read this 0-10V analog values? I’ve contacted Vera support, but for instance, no concrete answer… It’s bad because Vera says they are in partnership with Fibaro…

Anyone news about connecting analog sensors to the rgbw controller?

I managed to get measurements of analog sensors on this Fibaro controller. It’s not implemented as it should by Vera (so they have still work to do!!) but it works. If anyone would be interested let me know.

Hi,
I would be interested because I would like to connect an anemometer and humidity sensor.
Greetings Burkhard

Hi Bufisch,

TO use the 4 analog inputs you have to set parameter 14 to 34952 (2 byte dec). It’'s described in the manual but not clear: binariy: 1000-1000-1000-1000 or Hex 8888 = 34952 in decimals.
And then off corse connect analog sensors (0-10V) to the analog inputs (see manual)
You then see the measurements as dimming level on Red (= analog input 1), Green (=analog input 2), Blue (=analog input 3) and White (=analog input 4). Measurements are shown as a percentage of the maximum value (at 10 Volt). As example: I have connected a CO2 meter that gives 5.000 ppm at 10 Volt (max). So 10% = 500 ppm.
I made sensor devices (via create device) and read the dimming levels (LoadLevelStatus) calculate the real value and set that value to the sensor device.

This is a very poor and unlogic implementation of Vera !!! Big disadvantage is that the value is only in steps of 1%. So my CO2 meter shows level only in steps of 50 ppm, while the sensor gives much more precise measurements.

Hi Bufisch,

To use the 4 analog inputs you have to set parameter 14 to 34952 (2 byte dec). It’s described in the manual but not clear: binariy: 1000-1000-1000-1000 or Hex 8888 = 34952 in decimals.
And then off course connect analog sensors (0-10V) to the analog inputs (see manual)
You then see the measurements as dimming level on Red (= analog input 1), Green (=analog input 2), Blue (=analog input 3) and White (=analog input 4). Measurements are shown as a percentage of the maximum value (at 10 Volt). As example: I have connected a CO2 meter that gives 5.000 ppm at 10 Volt (max). So 10% = 500 ppm.
I made sensor devices (via create device) and read the dimming levels (LoadLevelStatus) calculate the real value and set that value to the sensor device.

This is a very poor and unlogic implementation of Vera !!! Big disadvantage is that the value is only in steps of 1%. So my CO2 meter shows level only in steps of 50 ppm, while the sensor gives much more precise measurements. Also you have to take care that you never put off the parent device and change the Brightness level (6 devices are made for this RGBW controller).

I hope Vera will fix this soon because it’s a very useful feature of this Fibaro RGBW controller.

Maybe some of the experienced guys out here can help me how I can get the readings more precise (LoadLevelStatus in 2 decmials ?)

Or you could use a Z-Uno to achieve the same result without all the tears.

Hi,
Z-Uno kenne ich aber er unterst?tzt keinen Windmesser und das RGBW-Modul habe ich.
Ich hoffe das Vera bald diese Funktionen von diesem Modul implemnetiert.
@ Mai Pensato Danke aber leider hilft mir das nicht weil ich den RGBW f?r meine TV-Wand benutze
und ich hoffte das die passende Ger?te in Vera angezeigt werden
Greetings Burkhard

The RGBW is PWM over the 4 channels, you need an Analog Input(s) for your Anemometer which ZUNO supports.

Relying on MIOS to implement this support in a Fibario (or other RGBW controller) would be very low in priority for them.

I may have lost something in the translation, so forgive me if this reads gibberish.

The Z-Uno can only have 4 analog sensors with output 0-3.3volt so I cannot even connect my CO2 sensor (output only 0-10 volt). Also other sensors I have generate either 0-5 or 0-10 volt. And the Z-UNO is very expensive. The Fibaro RGBW was a dpare one (changed to Philips Hue and Milight). And is the Z-UNO integrated in Vera?
Seversl users asked questions how to use the analog inputs, so I hope Vera will fix this. @ John M. You ard very active on this forum recently, can you react on this?

You can use a limiting resistor to pull up the voltage.

Here is a screen shot of Z-Uno in Vera for a 4 relay setup I made earlier this week, Z-Uno integrates well with Vera.

There is also an example of using Z-Uno with CO2 sensors.

[url=http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/CO2_sensor/]http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/CO2_sensor/[/url]

@Zedrally: thanks for your advice but I am not going to spend another 60 EUR for a Z-Uno. On Vera’s website under “works with Vera” the Fibaro RGBW controller is mentioned including the 4 analog inputs 0-10V.
Copy from their website:

FIBARO RGBW Controller is a universal, Z-Wave compatible RGB/RGBW controller. PWM output signal controls LED, RGB, RGBW strips, halogen lights and fans powered by 12 or 24 VDC. Also supports up to four, 0-10V analog sensors, such as temperature sensors, humidity sensors, wind sensors, air quality sensors, light sensors etc. All inputs and outputs may be configured by the user for LED control or 0-10V signal readouts. Easy integration with Vera.

So I made a support ticket, because the integration is by far not as they promise. If I get a reaction I will post it here.