Using WinSCP - Help!

I would like to tidy up some files in my vera plus. I have tried to log into my vera using winSCP, but it will not accept my password.

I have tried my vera login password, the password on the label on the underside of my vera and setting up remote access and using the temporary password there.

Could anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello,

Please know that we have created a support ticket for your issue. Check your inbox and let us know how it goes.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Talisker, post:1, topic:206786”]I would like to tidy up some files in my vera plus. I have tried to log into my vera using winSCP, but it will not accept my password.

I have tried my vera login password, the password on the label on the underside of my vera and setting up remote access and using the temporary password there.

Could anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Thanks.[/quote]

What username are you using?

C

root

…protocol = SCP and port = 22?

the password on the underside of the box works for me…

[quote=“Forzaalfa, post:5, topic:206786”]…protocol = SCP and port = 22?

the password on the underside of the box works for me…[/quote]

As my Italian driving colleague says, this should , indeed, work

C

Yes, you have confirmed what I have found to be the settings elsewhere on the forum. But for some reason it just doesn’t work! :frowning:

Do you get any error? Have you tried putty?

https://www.putty.org/

C

I have tried WinSCP and PuTTY and FileZilla and none of them will give me access to vera. I get the message ?Access Denied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“Talisker, post:9, topic:206786”]I have tried WinSCP and PuTTY and FileZilla and none of them will give me access to vera. I get the message ?Access Denied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Odd. One for support I am afraid :frowning:

C

Thanks for all your suggestions. Support resolved the problem. A year or so ago my vera broke during a firmware update and Support kindly sent me a replacement FOC (thanks to them). At the time I restored the new vera plus with a backup and it would appear that changed my password from the one on the new vera plus label to the one on the old vera which broke.

Support also warned me that if I used WinSCP (or similar) and caused damage then they would not provide their ongoing support to me. Fair enough. I only wanted to delete a few small unused files, more for tidiness than necessity so I’ll leave them for now to be safe.

Oh that would do it yes!

C