VBell Video VoIP Intercom ??

I just came across this on my mad hunt to find a PoE video doorbell that would play nicely with Vera - without a subscription (Ring) and can work over 104 degrees F (Doorbird).

Anyone have or tried one of these? I did read they use a different zwave frequency on these as they are only for Australia currently, but wondering about triggers over TCP/IP or something else.

http://www.vbell.com.au/

~FJ

I use and sell Doorbird for US freq’s They work well with Vera and can be integrated with Vera.

They are only rated to 104 degrees though. I emailed their support and they did not suggest that I use one. I’m in Phoenix AZ and it gets well over 115 for a high during the summer. The doorbell location is also facing west and in the sun most of the day.

When you get into those desert temps it is hard to find anything that will withstand them, especially if it is in the direct sun and surface mounted. Surface mounting is even worse. The interior of a sun facing wall can get much hotter than 120.
Ring says it can work up to 120F but then you are stuck in their ecosystem.

About the highest temp rated door station I have seen is the Viking E32 that is rated up to 130F but that is just a speaker phone door station.

The Ring and Doorbird have some delicate electronics and cameras in them and thus are pretty susceptible to higher temps.
I don’t know if we are going to see a sophisticated internet door bell that can handle temps above 120.