Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA 2 Release

now I checked the app, and the kw reading shows there.
(I forgot to mention that the readings, both kw and kwh are visible in the advanced settings for my fibaro wall plugs at least)

1 Like

Another vote for no-issue upgrade

1 Like

Can people mention which hardware they are upgrading on, and from which firmware they upgraded from, that would be very helpful?

I don’t know if this is an firmware related problem or if my Plus is faulty:

After the update to BETA 2 the remote connection is very unstable. After a few seconds I get the message “There was a problem with the connection to the controller…” resulting in a “Controller offline”. I had this error since the 7.30. It was temporary solved by support by installing some kind of new openWRT an a lot of resets. With the new beta it starts all over again :neutral_face:

I’ll try some resets…

They worked out of the box for us when we tested them with Vera. Have you reported your issues to our support so we can try to replicate them? (Vera has the samples for this device so we’ll keep pushing / pleading!)

2 Likes

“Open in Device Simulator” fails for some JSON files. I haven’t installed beta 2 yet but this issue exists in beta 1. I suppose this is not a big problem for most users and has probably existed for a long time but should probably be looked into at some point.
Details: when selecting Open in Device Simulator for some JSON files I see this:
ConntReadJSONContents
Using the Firefox toolbox (F12) shows this:

Error in Utils.parseJson: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I’ve looked at the files that report this error and it seems that they contain CR and LF characters (0x0D0x0A). This problem also shows up in the Microsoft EDGE browser.

Are these files downloaded from a browser by any chance?

You might want to run them through win2unix…

C

I believe these JSON files all originate from Vera. They are not any that I’ve modified or installed from some plugin.

1 Like

This looks like just a disconnect between an old feature (the ability to click a link to get that file directly into the device sim) and the compression of files that is now (and has been for some time) standard. As you said, this is probably a long-standing bug. The parser error message suggests that the compressed file is being handed to it directly, rather than being uncompressed first. If you download the file and paste its contents into the device sim, it works fine.

Probably not even worth the effort to fix, TBH. I would just remove that link.

Mine works perfectly fine on the beta 1. There is a script in the web server which is supposed to decompress the file before reading it through the json interpreter. I have not loaded beta 2 yet but will today. What is funny is that the json interpreter always comes back with a ton of warnings and sometimes errors for the factory json files: A lot of ControlCode missing property etc…

My gut feeling is that the web server script got whacked in the move to a read only partition.

A lot of those warnings are bogus. Not every control is required to have a control code.

Sounds plausible, for sure. But there are a lot of inconsistencies in this area of the UI. Probably not worth fixing at this point, but it’s been iffy for as long as I can remember.

On the more general discussion: install went fine. I’ve done my automated tests with Reactor on it, and no issues, at least for Reactor, so far. Lots of other things to test yet.

I had the same problem after 7.30… after arguing with support back and fourth for weeks about it not being a problem with open ports on my router, they finally decided they could fix the problem by upgrading me to beta1… and so far its been stable… but it may just be coincidental. Im not going to update to beta2 until I see you got it fixed.

Upgraded my vera and indeed the json test does not work. No major issues observed on my unit besides this one. Well I don’t see much progress or changes vs beta1 either. I think it could be released with a list of known issues:

Misinterpreted Got CAN
Nonce Get Flood for secure class devices.
Tardy callbacks caused by hangups.
Broken app developer device json tested.
Broken extroot (though this was never officially supported)
Memory leak with Reload on TimeJump disabled.

It added another nasty virus like plugin called ezlo camera…

Cameras now work for the large pictures.

After some resets (6 times the reset button) the remote connection seems to be stable again.

It’s strange that the reset doesn’t always work. Often when I’m resetting with hitting 6 times the reset button, the power led blinks and it seem to do a reset, but when the controller is ready again nothing changed and all devices are still there. I also hat the state that at the end the power led was blinking fast and the controller was not reachable. Then I restartet/resettet the controller again.

I hope I don’t have solve this behavior every update with this buggy reset procedure.

Hi,

This installed fine on my Plus after updating the Egde earlier.

In the NetworkMonitor.log and log.lighthttpd_error I see a ton of request (3-4 per 120 seconds) for /port_49451/data_request?id=lu_alive&ts=… all failing. it looks like some cleanup is in order to remove this seemingly obsolete load from the boxes. Good candidate for next Beta or 7.32.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

I’m finding beta 2 much more stable than beta 1. I was having to reboot my Vera every second day, now I’m back to weekly and so far so good.

Hi,

do we know when this will be available and installable on production units?

Thanks
Tony

There are still issues reported like Sensative strips that cannot be included anymore since 7.30. Will this also be solved ?

The beta2 just became the GA release for 7.31. I have to applaud the team for finally having changed the release methodology to only release beta tested builds. At least, we know what was fixed and what isn’t.
And no, the Sensative strip problem is not in the release notes so the problem is still there which to some extent is ok as long as it is known and communicated in the release note as a known issue…

1 Like