Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA Release

PM’d you with the log extract.

Hey @Gabi @edward Is there any way to include a Zigbee stack update in the next firmware?

3 Likes

I think it is rather a more complete stack support on the software side (luup engine) which would be helpful rather than just updating the stack (zigbee chip firmware). I could be wrong but from what I see from the ember zigbee stack, a lot of end points show up but don’t have a corresponding device on the vera. Example pressure sensor…

1 Like

Oh yeah can u guys make the factory reset funtion actually work after 6 button presses, sometime it takes 3 days of doing it before it actually works

New Beta available (check the BETA 2 post)

We have a new Beta available for Vera Edge with fixes on the issues reported after the first beta release.The update for Vera Plus and Vera Secure will come early next week.

Vera Edge: https://dl.mios.com/rl/LIVE/731/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.4954-en-mios.squashfs

Fixes:

• Fixed the issues with the view live image and video recording not working on IP Cameras.
  • Fixed the issue with auto-update option being unchecked after plugin update.

Known issues: Unable to manually change day/night extra setting on Vistacam 700 from the Web UI and issue with an error message being displayed when trying to update Weather Settings without changing Temperature Format.

2 Likes

Ok, short version. I have had LOADS of issues on my zwave network. Vera support helped me in a 2 x 1.5 Hr session and summarized they did:

1. re flash my zwave firmware (v6)
  2. advised me to go to FW 7.31 (You are running the latest version 1.7.4902 (7.31))

since I have had issue as well, but other issues, less issues. Including is now possible again but I would say a 30-40% failures rate (but compared to 100% this is acceptable).

i still have issues that multiple devices still do not send status back to Vera although vera can control them successfully.
And after having tried to include a simple Qubino ZMNHCD1 with a temperature sensor attached Vera consequently gives me not 2 but 4 devices, and it should only give a shutter and temp sensor (have multiple of these devices included in previous firmwares:

I am trying to further contact Vera support, but that is also a challenge :slight_smile:

Hi

Seems pairing Sensative strips is currently broken as I discovered for myself today here. My Vera Plus is on firmware version 1.7.4453

Was this issue picked up for a fix in any of these beta versions?

Thanks.

Hello,

We have a new Beta available also for Vera Plus. Please check the Beta 2 Post
The update for Vera Secure will come in the next 1-2 days.

5 Likes

We have the Beta 2 available also for Vera Secure, please check the Beta 2 Post

Upgraded last night and all systems go.

that’s the same issue i have with the Zooz ZEN30 devices, but they just tell me they are not supported… would think that a dimmer and switch would not need some special integration, but what do i know.

I use some Sensative strips on my Vera Plus running firmware 1.7.2935. And have some new ones on the shelf. I plan to do an upgrade when 7.31 is going officially live. How to solve this ? Should I first include the new ones when still running 1.7.2935 and then upgrade ? Will they remain working then ?

If they pair and configure on that version I’d pair them now.

I do have two other strips and they are still working OK on the latest firmware my Vera Plus is on.

I just couldn’t pair a third strip last week.

I recently updated to
You are running the latest version 1.7.4970 (7.31)

and now I have 3 lights in the house that click, with the little blue LED constantly blinking, and the light will not turn on. How do I fix this?

Have you tried excluding them and then re-adding them? I have not had many issues with a mix of paddle switches, iblinds kits, outlets, and the plugin modules (well over 60 total). However, when I do, I exclude it and then re-add it and the issue goes away. I guess this cleans out any bad configurations that got mixed up in the version update.

1 Like

I can attest to my Vera Plus restarting herself far more often under 1.7.5186 (7.31) than under the previous firmware. It’s happening about 4x daily now, versus once or twice weekly before. Nothing else has changed.

Hoping that future F/W revisions introduce more stability.

Same here, with 7.32 beta it’s very stable. But I’m not sure at this point it will be ever released, to be honest.

1 Like

Even if its only ever released as beta, if it’s more stable, it would be good to have a copy. Mine seems to be up and down about 4-5 times a day at the moment, with no significant changes made recently in the setup. This bouncing seems to have started recently, since mid Feb.

1 Like

If you don’t need cloud access, try to use Vera-decouple. This could help as well.

Unfortunately the beta is still for developers only and I’m not sure when/if it will change, considering the actual lack of focus on Vera platform in favor of the new eZlo one.

Has there been any firm aware up dates for the Vera plus? Munit stopped responding from 8pm and in the firewall logs I can see the Vera unit was accessing
vera-us-oem-firmware12.mios.com
Edit 26/03/2021
It turns out that two (supposedly high quality) cat 6 cables had become faulty at the same time, one connected to a security device and one connected to Vera… No other devices were adversely affected…Very odd