Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA Release

Still having the same error msg.

From the message it looks like your second veraplus thinks it is a vera lite. I would call support to see why. I have some idea but I think it would be more efficient if they do it directly for you. You may have some files or variables not set properly.

1 Like

Hi all
I just finished reading more than 200 posts on this exciting topic, finally is it worth updating or not?
I have a fibaro remote control problem in 1.7.4453, impossible to make it work. Can this solve this problem?
@Sorin it would be very useful to have the choice to include in secure or not secure mode for the user, the other platforms allow it, why not Vera? Another question: why is it not possible to easily change the secondary role to primary of the controller? Last question: we are in 2020, why are not all devices recognized? With the purchasing power that you have you should be equipped with all the existing peripherals from most brands. everything should be recognized and integrated without problem

2 Likes

Agreed, I have some devices that the wizard guides you through a non-secure inclusion and others that Vera guides you through a secure inclusion … and they are from the same OEM. eg Aeotec!

+1 on include secure or not secure. Could be as simple as having a Generic Z wave device that explicitly only does secure, or only does non-secure. Some devices does behave well when included wrong, and some direct association between older/newer devices may not work if some devices are secure.

Any target GA date?

Vera disappeared again…

There’s at least one more beta due isn’t there? Before this goes GA

C

1 Like

Imo yes, there’s 2 outstanding issues that need fixing first

/1 auto update app flag is being ignored when off and

2/ the failure rate for changing device states is currently unacceptably high!

Hi
it is possible to correct the switch to the firmware page which often occurs during sessions, during an inclusion, during an adjustment, etc … ???

@melih is there any news about the GA?

I will get the relevant guys respond to you.

1 Like

We are making the final adjustments on this release, based on the feedback collected during Beta. The 7.31 release will be GA within the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Wasn’t there going to be another beta, or am I out of touch with my software delivery technicalities?

C

2 Likes

@Gabi,
I really hope for the sake of everyone here that it will be another beta which will be tested by a limited group before a general release indeed. These old habit of treating beta and general release as just alternate releases must change. They have very different purpose and therefore requirements. Until you guys are able to run your alpha test on a stressing setup like 200+ devices of all kinds without internet connection, I suggest to only release builds which are identical to a beta.

2 Likes

There will be a new beta, that we will provide in the next couple of days, and if everything is OK, the GA within two weeks.

I apologize for the confusion, the question was for GA I responded for that part only.

5 Likes

Hi
@Gabi
Have you taken into account the requests for the choice of secure and non-secure inclusion? the firmware page that displays all the time?

@Pitt13 I think they have plenty of things to fix and to add, but The first targetis to have a stable 7.31.
7.32 will follow…

There should be based on the reported bugs in this topic!

Edit, good to see this is the case. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@edward, @Gabi,

I would really appreciate if you could look into the 20s timeout which causes the entire command queue to hang. I have been wondering if it is a typo and if it should have been 2s. Even if it may be too much to redo the entire command queue management maybe correcting this potential typo could be simple enough to do?

01      02/05/20 8:59:40.167    ZWaveSerial::Send m_iFrameID 15045 type 0x0 command 0x13 expected 3 got ack 1 response 2085347040 request 0 failed to get at time 36018167 start time 35998155 wait 20000 ack 1 m_iSendsWithoutReceive 0 <0x7ec03520>
01      02/05/20 8:59:40.168    AlarmManager::Run callback for alarm 0x902090 entry 0x7c4bdf30 type 52 id 32558 param=0x372b8b0 entry->when: 1580921960 time: 1580921980 tnum: 1 slow 0 tardy 20 <0x7ec03520>
01      02/05/20 8:59:40.231    AlarmManager::Run callback for alarm 0x902090 entry 0x7c4bc5d8 type 52 id 32559 param=0x327d5e0 entry->when: 1580921960 time: 1580921980 tnum: 1 slow 0 tardy 20 <0x7ec03520>
2 Likes