Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA Release

I’ve updated from 7.30 to 7.31 on my Vera Plus. The controller is still online, offline, online, offline, …

My Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat doesn’t report “is offline” / “online again” any more. But the set temperature doesn’t seem to update. I’ve got a timed scene where temperature is set to 21°C which works fine, but the set temperature is displayed 18°C.

When I connect to the Veras WiFi I will recieve an IP from the router behind it because it is the DHCP Server. Disconnecting the LAN cable from Vera gives the same result.

I have cheduled a remote session with Vera Support, I will let them fix this for me.

With 7.31 I added another Fibaro FGS 213. During pairing I saw “Exchanging Security Keys”, but then checking NodeInfo I cannot see any “S”, so it looks like it didn’t pair secure. Is it normal?

Yes. Fibaros FGS 2*3 are paired insecurely.

When you connect to Vera via its own WiFi, it will give you IP by itself.
At least that was in my case when I had issues re-establishing connection over WiFi to the router.

My Plus is connected over WiFi but in case of this upgrade I changed connection to LAN and then did an update. Then I set connection over WiFi back, but it didn’t work.
Then I did exactly what I wrote here: I’ve connected over WiFi to the Vera, checked its IP in network settings on my computer, logged in locally and corrected the network settings.
I don’t remember exactly if I took IP from DHCP or DNS server, but one of these two should work. I can chek for you but in a couple of hours

Are you sure?
This is from a FGS213 I paired before the upgrade:

It looks like this is secured.

I’m not 100% sure about FGS 213, but I’m sure that’s the current status for FGS 223. Maybe new paired devices have a new route. Do you have any lag with the previous paired one?

Not that I can fell. Pls note that I have about 12 zwave devices connected.
@Vera It would be nice to have an icon to show when devices are secure included, :slight_smile:

Even better it would be great if you could choose to include securely or not securely on the inclusion wizard.

1 Like

+1 on that, my Schlage lock is refusing to be included securely

I have the same Netatmo issue, stuck on failed to dowload for no visible reason.

I had to remove the plugin completely to solve the issue.

The plugin is at fault, however 7.31 is also at fault as I had the Netatmo plugin installed with auto update disabled and my Vera updated it anyway! :rage:

Same symptoms on August 2019 firmware, but I think the issue lies in that the app on startup pulls files from the internet (see below error log)

http://apps.mios.com/plugins/4456/39398/Netatmo.pngresponse:

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /plugins/4456/39398/Netatmo.png was not found on this server.

Hi,

This file missing is not a firmware issue, but a flaky app store that sometimes includes previously removed files in the file list. If the app developer misses that behaviour for a next release the app store tells your Vera to download a file that is no longer there. akbooer is aware and resolving the issue.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

I too was having a problem installing the app(fresh install). Take a look at the thread for the Netatmo plugin. I commented out the line of code module (“L_Netatmo”, package.seeall) in the beginning of the L_Netatmo.lua and the app installed. I am getting an authorisation failed error now but I think that’s because I haven’t provided a clientID or clientsecret yet.

Update: App installed and working still seeing " Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes."

So I had a remote session with Vera support and they could not fix my VeraPlus unit.
On top of that he explained that since this BETA software has the disclamer “Please try at your own risk.” they will not replace my unit.

“Here, help us out by trying it to make sure it works, but if it doesn’t f— you.”

@Sorin, this needs to stop. Do you want to replace one bricked Plus now, or several hundred or thousand in a few weeks? Because if you train the community that it’s too risky to test alpha and beta software, nobody will do it, and you will miss the opportunity to catch problems like 7.30 before they go into the wild. Support needs a whack across the knuckles for this, along with anyone else connected to this line of thinking.

10 Likes

I’m sorry for this. I’II pick this up and discuss it with the team.
It’s certainly something that we need to sort out in the process so we make sure this doesn’t happen anymore.

@korttoma

6 Likes

Blockquote[quote=“korttoma, post:136, topic:211660, full:true”]
So I had a remote session with Vera support and they could not fix my VeraPlus unit.
On top of that he explained that since this BETA software has the disclamer “Please try at your own risk.” they will not replace my unit.
[/quote]

@Sorin, this reported behaviour of Vera support is absolutely disgraceful. In addition to the point made by @rigpapa I do not believe that most people would have interpreted the disclaimer the way Vera Support is reported as having interpreted it. I believe that most people would have reasonably interpreted the warning as meaning that the user would bear the risk of the software not performing as it should NOT the risk of it bricking a user’s unit. Software that risks bricking a unit should either not be put out for Alpha or Beta testing or Vera/Ezlo fully support any user carrying out such testing to get their unit back up and running including providing a replacement unit if other means of recovery fail.

5 Likes

I think @Sorin probably gets that. Let’s not shoot the messenger again, huh?

C

5 Likes