Vera Alerts Android app May 2019 updates broken

Try this…

1 Like

If I turn Vera Alerts off in the app notification settings, it turns off all notifications for Vera Alerts, but I do get the TSS notification. Hmmmm

whew…I thought it was an issue on my end. I’ve tried everything, removing door sensors and repairing and the notifications are not reliable anymore. Like you indicated, majority of time only getting notifications if I unlock my phone. Running a Pixel 2 with most recent Vera firmware - hoping Richard can get this resolved

I have some of the same issues: Double alerts, a generic “Vera Alerts” notification when I open the app. Worst off is that even if I have my phone notifications on vibrate, it’ll ALWAYS read the TTS outloud, regardless of what options I select in the custom notification section.

Galaxy S8, latest version of Vera Alerts.

Yup, even on Do Not Disturb.

I’ve been unregistering to stop notifications and then registering again when I want them back. Just tap the settings button upper right of Vera alerts. It’s a work around until we get the fix. As mentioned previously, I use this in conjunction with going to settings, notifications and disabling notifications for Vera Alerts. That removes the double notifications and all badges. This way, I just get the TSS notifications.

Be sure to change the message delay in Vera Alerts settings. I believe the default is 30 sec. I use 0

Do the notifications come on your phone immediately ?
It’s a mess now with vera alerts , it was very reliable , notifications came normally almost immediately. Is it vera alerts or a setting on the phone?

-Samsung S3: vera alerts version 6.10 (newer updates not possible on this phone).: Notifications work normally , and they come almost immediately.
-Samsung S6: vera alerts version 7.09: The notifications come very late , up to 2-4 minutes later, or when the phone is unlocked.
-Samsung S8: vera alerts version 7.09: The notifications come very late , up to 2-4 minutes later, or when the phone is unlocked.
-Samsung S8: vera alerts version 6.10 ( APK installed from Samsung S3 mentioned above): The notifications come very late , up to 2-4 minutes later, or when the phone is unlocked.

With version 7.09 I need to deselect in notifications “vera alerts default sound” not to get the standard android sound together with the TTS from vera alerts.

I don’t understand why the S3 works normally with 6.10 and the S8 does not. That let me think it has to do with a settings in android.

Cor

Nope…very delayed on my Pixel 2 XL. Not reliable anymore and it varies so much

That is very bad , I am relying a lot on the notification.
I have send Richard a email , I hope he responds , so far after 3 days , no reply yet.

I slowly have to look for another solution.

Is there another solution after vera alerts?

Thanks,
Cor

I still have an S3 I use as a remote control - I am thinking of loading a custom ROM to get a later Android release - CyanogenMod, LineageOS, etc…

So maybe not perfect, but VeraAlerts 7.09 is fully functional on my S8, with no delay. The only change from when it was on GCM is the funny sound and notification when you launch the app itself.

Any idea where or how to get 6.09?
Is it possible to upload the APK here?

Thanks,
Cor

https://apkpure.com/vera-alerts/com.rtsservices.veraalerts/download?from=details this wrkrd for me610.zip (3.5 MB)

Thanks, I will try that one this weekend.
Cor

yeah it works better for me

That is also version 6.10 , not 6.09. I am unable to find 6.09.

6.10 doesn’t do it for me , very long delays , it seens that when my phone is unlocked the notifications come immediately. When the phone is locked , there is a delay.

Cor

7.13 in the Play Store now. Just updated. Haven’t tried yet, too early, family sleeping LOL Just passing along. Let’s give it a shot and post our results. The wheels of progress are turning. Thanks Richard!

Still getting double notifications and the notification badge that simply says Vera Alerts is still an issue. The Vera Alerts badge is stuck on the pull down page for 1 min before disappearing. Also, when opening app, the Vera Alerts badge appears and blocks the top of the app. If pops up yet again everytime you go in and out of settings. Not sure what’s different in this version as its acting exactly as it did before for me on my S8. Also, when phone is in DND, notifications can still be seen and heard. They also still come through when the phone is in silent mode, meaning no ringer…no vibration. If you put the app in quiet time using the schedule, not only is it quiet, but the notifications don’t even register or appear on the pull down. Hmmm not sure where the changes have taken place. Perhaps this is just the case on the S8?

I updated as well, and was hopeful this new version would solve all these issues. Sadly, they did not. I have the SAME exact issues you’re describing. Richard, help!

Unfortunately same here, update did not fix and still getting inconsistent notifications, if any.