Vera Alerts - Plugin Version 7.23

after putting that link and the OK returned you have to wait for vera to reload before going to the page richard referred.
on v3.3 now. works ok.

Did you just release version 3.7? Just saw this on apps.mios.com

Yep it has some bug fixes for those users that are using Forwarding

VeraAlerts Startup Lua Failed

VeraAlerts does not work anyomre for me.
I get a message of Device not ready when I try to configure the device via gui and te startup sequence reports a “VeraAlerts Startup Lua Failed” message

I tried to look for evidence in the logs:

01 11/07/13 23:36:36.692 ^[[31;1mLuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 47 function Initialize failed [string “module(“L_VeraAlert”, package.seeall)…”]:70
01 11/07/13 23:36:36.693 ^[[31;1mLuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 47 I_VeraAlert.xml failed^[[0m <0x402>
02 11/07/13 23:36:36.739 ^[[33;1mUserData::AlarmCallback ALARM_RESYNC_DEVICES^[[0m <0x402>

What is going wrong?
Vera2 with latest fw release
TY for your help

I submitted a release to MCV tonight …

Anyone notice that in the past few days, the TTS messages have been flaky? The voice has changed, but in same cases, TTS doesn’t work, and it just does tone messages instead. I changed nothing in my configuration. I suspect changes at Google’s end. FYI.

There is no need to double post your question. It will not help you get a faster response.

• Garrett

There is no need to double post your question. It will not help you get a faster response.

• Garrett[/quote]

Apologies. I just wasn’t sure which thread was more appropriate.

Thanks for the update to 3.8 Richard for those of us on Vera 2 UI 5.

I still get the message:

luup_require can’t find veraUserTemplateDefinitions LEAK this:417792 start:598016 to 0xb90000 <0x402>

Is this a file I’m missing or something I am supposed to configure? I can’t figure it out, any help would be great. Thanks

It’s was put there to allow users to add custom templates. I do not think anyone (other than me) uses them.

Are you having any other problems ? I plan a release tomorrow night.

No other issues at the moment, thanks. Do I just upload a blank file to get rid of the message? Or could you include a file in the release with an example? Just thoughts, I try to have my logs clean.

If I released an empty file, any local definitions would get overwritten when the plugin was updated.

The format is the same as the file:
veraTemplateDefinitions.lua
The only mandatory line in the file if the file exists is:

module("veraUserTemplateDefinitions", package.seeall)

For Technical Reference see:
http://rts-services.com/VeraTemplates/

For Examples of some templates see the attached file … I use this for testing.

Made a bug fix that affected International Characters.

auto-update seems to work :slight_smile: im on 3.95 now and didnt touch my vera for a week

I am using ver 3.95… I can get the camera picture perfectly but I can’t get the video attach file…
I am using this command in the send alerts massage :

Alerts Alerts, Intruders detected {Video(22,10)}

in my Android app, it mentions Download Error: FIles Not Found on Vera… any idea ?

Do you have a USB stick added to Vera ?

Richard,
I appreciate your work I upgraded Vera Alerts to version 4.0 tonight. I now keep getting the notice in vera “VeraAlerts[174] : Is Not Initialized! Open Profiles Tab!” I have opened to profiles tab and added profiles and deleted profiles anything to get this to change is there something I am suppose to be doing differently. Also whenever I click any buttons in the edit panel I get a error message of “Invalid service/action/device”.
Douglas

Did you refresh your browser ?

Richard,

Thanks for the enhancements in VeraAlerts 4, including the new Report functionality. I observed two types of entries in the Message Overrides section of the Report that appear to be unintended.

[ul][li]There are entries in the Message Overrides section of the Report for every trigger in a scene that I use to run Luup code to update the content of several variable containers.
[/li]
[li]There are entries for notifications that exist in the Notification tab for devices even though every Notify check box for the notifications is unchecked.[/li][/ul]

Additionally, none of the above described entries are displayed in the Notification configuration tab of the Vera Alerts plugin.

There are entries in the Message Overrides section of the Report for every trigger in a scene that I use to run Luup code to update the content of several variable containers.
Yes because ANY scene trigger can be toggled to send a notification. In that case it allows you to override the message.
There are entries for notifications that exist in the Notification tab for devices even though every Notify check box for the notifications is unchecked
You might come back an check them ... The Notifications will not go out unless they are checked ...

[hr]
Note in both of these cases you could have notifications go out using the standard Notification services provided by MCV.