Vera Alerts UI not Loading

When I try to add/modify new alerts, the screen keeps clocking, but nothing shows up for data. I get main UI but no data. I get data on all tabs of UI except the “Configure Notifications”

I see this on main screen:

Error executing function vaInit(): String contains an invalid character

I am on UI 7 and Vera Alerts 7.21 with auto update.

I do get alerts for any existing alert I setup but I can not see, modify or add new alerts.

That should have been fixed in 7.21

Can you check Apps → Develop Apps → Luup Files
How many and what are the files that start with:

J_VeraAlert

Thanks for reply, do you have ETA?

I updated my message

I already have 7.21, is this same issue or I should edit some files to fix manually?

I have 5 files, screen file attached.

Here is what files I have:

/# ls -alrt /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAler*
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 18315 May 17 2016 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlert-UI7.js.lzoenc
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 May 17 2016 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlert-UI6.js.lzoenc
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 0 May 17 2016 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlert-UI5.js.lzoenc
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 26179 Jan 5 13:05 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlerts.js.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 7 Jan 5 13:05 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlertProfileTemplates.js.lzo
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Feb 22 14:03 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlert.js.lzoenc → J_VeraAlert-UI7.js.lzoenc

Remove all but the last.
You in particular you need to delete the file J_VeraAlerts.js.lzo witch is an old parch that is being loaded in preference to the last file.

The same problem happened to me today - alerts stopped sending and the UI will no longer open. Now there are just three tabs - Control, Edit, Advanced, and if I click on Edit, I get “Opening vaInit…” perpetually. I’m using a VeraLite on UI5. I checked for the files mentioned in this thread and removed them. No change. Then I uninstalled VeraAlerts completely, then removed all J_VeraAlert* files then reinstalled the app - 7.21. No change. Incidentally, I noticed that rts-services.com appears to be down - taking too long to respond error. Related?

Here is what I have right now. Help!

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 7 Apr 19 17:11 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlertProfileTemplates.js.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 26179 Apr 19 17:11 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_VeraAlerts.js.lzo

A “never-mind” message to my last message - found a thread that says new version incompatible with UI5 and another old message that had a link to install an old version. Working on it now. Foiled by auto-update.

This is the link I used to pull down a UI5 version:
http://YourVeraIPAddress:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=3008&Version=30461

Dialog seems restored, says version is 6.43. Now working on setting it up again. The Notification Configuration screen is blank however - I don’t remember that from before.

It would be best if you restored from a backup before things were corrupted.

I got further, but new error:

That message indicated it found a scene that was corrupted … marked as encoded but it was not … no problem Vera Alerts will fix it!

I have reboot the device and still have same issue. Does not appear to have fixed, how I can fix it manually? Which scene is bad? I did not see scene name in error.

Richard,

Any suggestion on corruption? It was not fixed by VeraAlerts.

Richard,

I have rebooted several times but still unable to get UI to show up.  Unable to use the plugin at all now, without the ability to see or edit anything, any help would be grateful.