Vera API - 'senddata' equivalent of retrieving device option configuration parameters?

So we all know the GUI sux BIG TIME for updating ZWAVE device option configuration parameters. We can also set these parameters via senddata, either through the Reactor plugin or via Vera API via 3480. Is there any way to RETRIEVE this data and confirm what the value is truly set at?

Funny I was wondering the same thing also tonight.

I believe GET = 2 on a Senddata request and you’d have to look in the LUUP log for the response, but I don’t have any working examples, if someone else does?

1 = Set
4 = Delete

Hi,

As far as I know there is only a send. Typically the parameter you send will map to something shown in the variables. The configuration parameters in the device options are in ConfiguredVariable. If not I think you are out of luck.

The senddata only has a set option. The exact parameters differ per device, but there is no get or set in it.

Cheers Rene

Found some info on the specs for senddata:

112: CONFIGURATION Command Class
4: CONFIGURATION SET Function
14: Parameter ID
1: Parameter Size
1: Parameter Value

Reference: Z-Wave Raw Data Format Dev Postal - #5 by Caseda - Developers - Homey Community Forum.

Couldnt find any info if position #2 has an actual ‘GET’ value, or if these parameters differ from device to device or are standard.

Would this be a Vera specific variable? Of course the issue here is, not trusting Vera. An issue that has never been resolved is that you change device options via ZWave and monitoring them does not work via the GUI. So looking if there is a direct way to poll these variables via Vera using ZWave to keep the device honest.

Hmmm… the configuration parameters are likely only retrieved and saved at startup. If you are modifying them on the fly using the SendData method, I’m betting the state variables are not updated until the next reload/reconfigure.

This Vera variable holds the result of all the device options including if you set it just to poll a device variable. I have never seen this to show a value different from what the device behavior suggests. So i do not see why not to ‘trust’ these values. If you are changing a value and hit Save Changes you do indeed not see the change in the GUI directly. I typically then change it to monitor only, save again and then see that the expected value is indeed set.

These values are updated each time you configure the device. If you would set them on the fly with senddata it would indeed not show until the device configuration is retrieved for some reason. You should be able to do that in the device options, hit save again and if you have that parameter there as monitor only it should show the senddata value.

Cheers Rene

Configuration needing a reload is the last thing I hate about the Vera, with its timeout and the need to repeat it again.
I think a plug-in will rock. In my experience, updating the “VariablesSet” variable to monitor only is enough, as you’re suggesting.