Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin

I have been working on a blue iris plug for my personal use. I have written vera plugins before so I don’t see a problem eventually getting this to a point where it works flawless.
I currently have camera ability with PTZ working and if need username and password can be configured.

I plan on getting on integrating Blue Vera Triggers into vera. I currently have them working but they are hard coded in. I want to integrate them into the plugin. After I get that done and tested I will then publish it to the MIOS marketplace.

Download here

Downloading as I type. Noticed in your install.txt you refer to a zip file to download. However all I can find is an xml file. Which I copied off the webpage to a text editor and saved as I_BlueIris.xml

I then uploaded that file to Vera and created a device following your instructions. Unfortunately I am not able to find the CameraName variable in the device it created. It’s telling me Camera URL is invalid. Also it created a device named IP Camera Ext instead of Blue Iris CAM #XXX.

I used the link GitHub - undert03/vera-blueiris: Cam / Sensor plugin for Blue Iris IP Cam DVR

Very grateful you started work on this.

Update: for some reason the created device had for Impl_File ‘filename: I_BlueIris.xml’. Once I corrected that to I_BlueIris.xml, it allowed me to add the CameraName variable and set it to the one camera I wasn’t able to get vera to recognize but BI has no issues with. And hey presto. Image!

After the next reload the name changed to Blue Iris CAM #devnumber

Thank You!!!

Nice, thanks for testing it. Yes the zip download is on that page and can be found in two spots. I circled them in the screenshot below.
Working on Motion Detection device support as we speak.

UPDATE: Motion Detection Sensor is now working and can be enable per Cam! I should have it uploaded and documented tomorrow in github repo

Version 0.3 has been uploaded with Blue Iris motion sensor support.

Grab the latest release here: Releases · undert03/vera-blueiris · GitHub

I also made a how-to video on installing and configuring a cam and motion sensor.

[url=http://youtu.be/flDc84wrue8]Vera Blue Iris Camera Plugin - YouTube

So Blue Iris requires a computer to be on all the time? Is there an option if that is not possible?

Yes, it is a windows based app. No there are no other options for Blue Iris. However a DVR unit vs Blue Iris and a pc would probably consume about the same amount of power. Also running a computer app vs embedded software is a way better route for customization in the future. Just my 2 cents.

Correct. It requires a Windows platform computer. I utilize an older box running WHS2011 with a 2.2Ghz 4 core AMD Phenom and 4GB memory that handles BI with 9 IP cams (2 of which are 720P) CPU usage is around 40% with spikes up to 65%. CPU temp is generally around 33C and I’ve yet to see it go above 41C. It also runs Serviio streaming server and I can stream an MKV without pegging it out while the BI service is also running. Granted, I run a 1Gb backbone with a dedicated N router for the cameras and a main N router for my other devices. Both of which are connected wired to the backbone as is the server.

I might go for one of the Lenovo or Dell Xeon server boxes if they drop to $200 again…

Upgraded the plugin to the new 0.3 version and setup the motion sensor. Will do the setup on the BI side later. Unfortunately this is an outdoor camera with no PTZ. :slight_smile: Plug-in works great. I can now view my wayward camera in AuthomationHD as well as the ImperiHome Android apps.

Again, thanks for taking the time to develop this. For those interested, although Blue Iris is $50 direct, you can find the serial legit on eBay for $37 and if you have a spare box with Windows, it’ll make a nice dedicated camera server with far more options and configuration than Vera. allows for cameras.

Going to see how stable the plugin is and will most likely end up deleting all my camera devices and plugins from Vera and re-add the camera’s using this plugin so only BI is performing camera access and will handle all motion sensing and recording.

Cool, nice that someone builds a plugin for blue iris.
For now I have all i need to controll with vera done by http requests in scenes , but this will be much better.
I will install it as well.

Will it be possible to change profiles and disable cameras?

Thanks for taking the time to write and share a plugin,
Cor

What sort of load does this place on the Vera, specifically the CPU?

No more than a regular IP camera because it functions the exact same. The motion sensor it adds is passive so that doesn’t do anything different than any other sensor in vera. So the short answer is not that much :slight_smile:

just saw this thread - great stuff - on my list of “i will add and have a play” in due course. I too currently operate with HTTP get in scenes.

Yes, it is a windows based app. No there are no other options for Blue Iris. However a DVR unit vs Blue Iris and a pc would probably consume about the same amount of power. Also running a computer app vs embedded software is a way better route for customization in the future. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

Bummer, in my application I don’t have any machines running 24hrs except Vera and My Network (router and switch)). Looking for a camera solution that can be handled by Vera.

Next version i will be adding the options to reverse left/right, up/down. Also for people using smart phone apps that don’t allow you to use presets I will have a setting to convert the zoom in/out to preset 1 & 2. if your camera doesn’t have zoom function it makes the buttons more useful. Also will add an option for U/D/L/R controls to be converted to preset 1,2,3,4 and if zoom convert enabled also zoom in/out turns to preset 5&6. Not sure if that will help anyone out but i know it will work great for me on non-ptz cameras in iVera for iphone.

My next project might be writing a smart phone app that isn’t so shitty and laggy. I feel like i am in the stone age when i use the ios apps for vera.

Do you plan to make this an “official” plugin?

Lol, since I am not affiliated with blue iris I don’t think it can ever be official

Great plug-in. Have got it working with my 4 cameras (once I realised that I needed to enable the anonymous account in Blue Iris!!!), next when I have time I will set up the motion detectors.

Many thanks
David

I think the previous question meant submit it to the MiOS store so it can be installed via the Vera dashboard and Install Apps.

Nice, keep me posted on any issues or ideas for future improvements. It’s nice to hear good feedback and give back to the community.

In case people haven’t realized yet, but this plugin will give you access to use all Blue Iris supported camera’s with Vera rather than being limited to just the current limited set of supported cameras.

Scroll down and this will show you all Blue Iris supported camera’s. http://blueirissoftware.com/technology/

David you can configure the plugin to use a password with blue iris. Watch my how to video I address where to enter it in there.

[quote=“dsroberts1945”]Great plug-in. Have got it working with my 4 cameras (once I realised that I needed to enable the anonymous account in Blue Iris!!!), next when I have time I will set up the motion detectors.

Many thanks
David[/quote]