Vera Concierge is dead?

[quote=“kirbyb, post:20, topic:199086”]As it turns out, it appears to be a very obscure problem with my router. Its a Ubituiti EdgeRouter lite. It seemingly ‘swallows’ the URL request If I connect my laptop or Pi to my cell phone AP, it works. If I swap out the router for a Netgear router, it works. I’ve engaged Ubiquiti support, and they’re working the problem.

Kirby[/quote]

Weird. I actually have one of those and don’t have any issues. FWIW Currently running EdgeOSv1.10.0

$ show version all Version: v1.10.0 Build ID: 5056246 Build on: 01/25/18 10:07 Copyright: 2012-2018 Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. HW model: EdgeRouter Lite 3-Port HW S/N: nnnnnnnnnnnnn Uptime: 15:40:37 up 94 days, 19:13, 1 user, load average: 0.25, 0.12, 0. 08

Is it possible that the dns that the ubiquiti is using (in the web interface, via services/dhcp/actions/view details) is different from that your Netgear router or cell phone might use, so it’s having issues with resolving server names?

[quote=“lecter, post:6, topic:199086”]I am on a Vera Plus and have about 30 directly-connected devices and about a dozen other things with plugins like Hue bulbs, thermostat, Harmony, etc.

No problems with Vera Concierge that did not arise from the fact that it’s running on my desktop PC, which might sometimes get restarted or whatever…[/quote]

LECTER,

I have both a Windows 10 server that I use as a home server and I have a Linux box that I use for CATV cameras. Do you think this is a better install in Linux or Windows 10. Is it a relatively easy set-up? I want to be able to control everything in the house through Google Assistant in addition to my Alexa hub and dot. My Wife loves Alexa and I love Google.

Is it possible to install Vera Concierge at this time? And if so how?

There were two Vera Concierge Interfaces:

One that uses Google Smart devices
i.e. you say OK Google turn on the Office Light.

And one that uses the conversational Language:
i.e. you say OK Google Ask Vera Concierge to turn on the Office Light.

The second one was developed first. Google removed it because of a graphical conflict with their marketing standards … I gave up fighting with them on getting this released … Fixing the problem was easy … Communicating with their testers in Ireland was impossible.

The first one was developed afterwards … It is still fully operational. It’s testing is done in California … and they have a well defined release process.

I would still like to get the original version released again … it has support for more devices than the second.

I have a dilemma, if I want to install VC on Windows 10 when downloading “Download ConcierveServer.jar” it appears as a RAR folder and … how can I install the server?
If I download “Download ConcierveServer.jar” on Windows 7, it appears to me as a jar executable and I can install the server.

Solved. I changed the extension.

Hi All,

yesterday i discovered VERA CONCIERGE… nice… a bit of troubleshooting and reading is necessary (firewall, etc…) but today i got it working fully.

I can say to google assistant on my android to open/close… etc… any Z-Wave device configured/controlled by my VeraPlus. GREAT! now i know that also Google home devices would work.

so, just for your info, everything is working fine.

Thank you Richard!
Flavio.

[quote=“flavio.broma, post:27, topic:199086”]Hi All,

yesterday i discovered VERA CONCIERGE… nice… a bit of troubleshooting and reading is necessary (firewall, etc…) but today i got it working fully.

I can say to google assistant on my android to open/close… etc… any Z-Wave device configured/controlled by my VeraPlus. GREAT! now i know that also Google home devices would work.

so, just for your info, everything is working fine.

Thank you Richard!
Flavio.[/quote]

Flavio, what kind of delay are you getting from when you say a command to when it actually turns on, etc?

Ciao “edgebinary”,

sincerely i have never tested it, it is not much for me, accettable… but now that you are asking… sure, roughly

saying the command in google assistant: 5 second from when i finish saying it
typing the command in google assistant: 4 second from when i submit it.
using the switch in google home/assistant dashboard: 3 second from when i switch it
using Vera Dashboard directly: 1 second(or less) from when i send the command.

so, in short, i’d say that Vera concierge add 2 seconds delay… not a big deal… for me.

Regards,
Flavio.

[quote=“gniknalu, post:1, topic:199086”]It started crashing my Vera Secure AGAIN. Removing it for the second time. (Thanks Vera Support.)

Looking @ this section of the forum - there isn’t any official communication. Looking on the Vera Concierge page, it still says, “Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent!” Based on the fact that it the official page has had that message for a long time without any other details, the assumption is [size=18pt]Vera Concierge is Dead[/size]

Does anyone have proof otherwise?[/quote]

I have Vera2 UI5. I am trying to configure in Windows 10. But I find that it doesn’t just configure as it refuses to recognise Vera IP address. Set the Firewall to pass 8989 & 8998 ports but still cant get it working.

one common problem is firewalls… but also
Try to fix, put static the IP of your vera server…

to me when accessing localhost:8989… it was showing:

Discoverd Devices
Last Discovery Update: 8:36:08 PM
Concierge Server IP: ??? or 127.0.0.1…
Java VM: 1.8.0_181

so in short was not connecting to VeraConcierge server…

u need to update your hosts file to reflect the servers ip address