Vera Concierge Smart Home

I believe this is a Google Home issue. I unlinked “Vera Concierge Smart Home” from “Google Home”, uninstalled “Google Home”, installed “Google Home”, linked “Vera Concierge Smart Home”, now I see all my devices under “Home Control” ready to be added to rooms.

All good now.

great when in doubt start from step 0

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:20, topic:198382”]Did you go through:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48913.0.html

The software list is fetched periodically in the background … if you restarted the Concierge Server it will take a while before it sees it.[/quote]

Ok… I’ve tried everything … I removed Concierge server from my nix box… redid it again. unliked everything … linked it back up… all tests say connectivity.
linked and unlinked from google app and from your portal. Always says sorry I can’t help with that… I’m lost as to what to do next…besides drive over the thing with my car!

This was all working before I updated to latest firmware and that newer app came out. I know others are working fine… just not here. your little app works on my phone I can talk to it fine.

VeraConcierge app working:

Feb 17, 2018 5:52:03 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:08 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM I:CSWebContainer:Action:SwitchAction Request:{“MyRoom”:[],“MySwitch”:[“Dimmer:Living Room Bulb”],“CmdSwitch”:“On”}
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM V:VeraService:Cmds:lu_action&DeviceNum=48&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=48&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Request?Action=SwitchAction&User=104723173129739562517&Parameters=%7B%22MyRoom%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22MySwitch%22%3A%5B%22Dimmer%3ALiving+Room+Bulb%22%5D%2C%22CmdSwitch%22%3A%22On%22%7D&SerialNumber=350XXXX
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156256&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:3
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:15 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156276&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:15 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:0
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:18 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:19 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156276&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:19 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:0

Commad is successful and light comes on.

I noticed this in the log… I’m not sure of the meaning.

50 02/23/18 10:42:15.614 luup_log:0: VCS:URL:https://192.168.1.67:8989/SHSync?Serial=35XXXXX&User=104723173XXXXXXXXXX17 <0x2fecc680>
50 02/23/18 10:42:15.986 luup_log:0: VCS:B:Error:null <0x2fecc680>

[quote=“jepjr, post:21, topic:198382”]I believe this is a Google Home issue. I unlinked “Vera Concierge Smart Home” from “Google Home”, uninstalled “Google Home”, installed “Google Home”, linked “Vera Concierge Smart Home”, now I see all my devices under “Home Control” ready to be added to rooms.

All good now.[/quote]

When you say you see “All my devices under “Home Control” ready to be added to rooms”, what devices are we talking about? All I see is my Google Home unit, my 4 Google Home Minis and my Google Chromecast. It doesn’t show my Smart Switch which I can control using the Vera app.

Hi,

Back in early November 2017, I was finally able to get Google Home to turn on my Smart Switch using voice commands. I had called my smart switch “Popcorn” and had a lamp plugged into it, so in the Google Home app, I created shortcuts as follows:

“Lights Off” -->> “Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn off”
“Lights On” -->> “Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn on”

This allowed me to say “Hey Google, Lights on” and the lamp would turn on. The issue was that it would take over 15 seconds for this to happen.

If I used the Vera App, pressing the “On” or “Off” button would work instantaneously. Therefore I just used the built in scheduling feature and forgot about using Google Home for voice control until Vera was natively supported (still waiting for that and they - Vera - said by end of Q1 2018).

Anyway, last night I was scrolling through the Google Home App (Menu hamburger → Home Control → Plus icon in circle at bottom of screen to get to “Add Devices”) and I noticed Vera Concierge Smart Home was listed so I thought perhaps my 15+ second delay might be gone.

I said “Hey Google, Lights on” and I get “Sorry I don’t understand”.

So I open the Vera Concierge App, sign in using my Google account, click “Start Listening” and say “Turn Popcorn On”. The light comes on and it asks “What Else?”, so I say “Turn Popcorn Off” and it turns the light off.

So I go back to the Google Home App and the Vera concierge Smart Home option in Home Control which takes me to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com which shows "Select the Vera Concierge Account to be used by Google to control your Vera Connected Devices. I click on “Select Account” which then asks me to choose an account and I choose my Google Gmail account.

It goes back to the Google Home app and shows a dialogue box saying “Linking your Vera Concierge Smart Home account” and the spinning circle. Shortly after that, a message comes up at the bottom of the screen saying “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.”

Troubleshooting:

On my mobile:
If I go to Google Home → Explore → Search for “Vera”, it brings up “Vera Concierge Smart Home” with the icon being a tall green man next to a house.

If I scroll down, the Account Status shows Account Linked with an “Unlink” in bold next to it.

I have tried unlinking and relinking and it appears to have done so, yet it still doesn’t work.

Does the wording in my shortcuts which did once work (eg “Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn on”) need to be re-worded, or is there some other issue that’s out of my control?

From what I can understand from this thread, is that back in November 2017 when I had it working, the app under “Home Control” in the Google Home App was called “Vera Concierge”, and that this has been removed and replaced with “Vera Concierge Smart Home”. Is this the reason it’s not working?

I have the exact scenario, it was all working until that app Vera Concierge Smart Home was introduced and I installed it. I have been a month trying to figure out why.

Deleted my ConciergeServer and set it back up again… reset Google Home… linked and unlinked several times in the app on my phone and on the webpage veraconciege.appspot.com without success. The only thing I did that perhaps you may not have was to update the firmware on my Veralite to the latest.

All connectivity shows as working on the Concierge Server… google devices are all listed as you can see in my screenshot. I guess I just have to wait for Vera people to get it integrated into google home.
I have no option to restore the original Vera Concierge app as it was, all I am able to see is the newer app Vera Concierge Smart Home.

Scenes, dimmers, switches, and thermostats are available via the the “HOME CONTROL” part of Goggles Home.

Just go to “Home Control”

Then ADD (+)
THen select Vera Control Smart Home.
All of the above devices should be ready.

The
OK GOOGLE TALK TO VERA CONCIERGE
has been pulled by Google and I have been fighting with them to get through their testing … there testers do not have a clue!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:28, topic:198382”]Just go to “Home Control”

Then ADD (+)
All of the above devices should be ready.[/quote]

Firstly, just to confirm we are talking about exactly the same thing (you may have different things since you are a developer/tester), on my Google Home app, it’s called Vera Concierge Smart Home, not Vera Control Smart Home

Secondly, this is where we then have an issue. You seem to imply we can see devices eg dimmers, but at this point when I select Vera Concierge Smart Home, it takes me to a page asking me to select an account to link. I select my GMail account and it tries to link but fails. See error message wording in my previous post.

I gather that seeing our devices such as switches etc would only occur if that connection part completed successfully but it’s not getting past that point.

Unfortunately, nothing works for me… I see no dimmers, switches… scenes… nothing. all the tests say “Connectivity”
Guess I’ll just wait.

I suspect my issue ATM lays with Google Assistant but I am unable to get any actual help from Google so I want to check here first.
Since trying to add the vera smarthome app to assistant I have 9 copies of each room in Assistant and I am unable to delete any of them, is there any chance the issue could have something to do with this Vera app? Because every suggestion I have tried to delete the extra rooms does not work (in the Google home Android app, trying to delete a room I get “couldn’t update setting, check connection”)

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:28, topic:198382”]Scenes, dimmers, switches, and thermostats are available via the the “HOME CONTROL” part of Goggles Home.

Just go to “Home Control”

Then ADD (+)
All of the above devices should be ready.[/quote]

Hi Richard,

This is simply not true. As with everyone else, when I try to add the Vera Concierge Smart Home device to my Google Home I get the same error: “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” It pops up on the screen for one second and goes away. And there are no Vera devices on my Google Home Control from the Vera. I have a Veralite with the latest UI5 firmware.

BTW, connectivity is fine. Google Home sees the SmartThings hub on the same network and it used to work fine with the HaBridge software before Philips changed the linking of their device to Google Home.

Dave G.

Still no joy linking GH with Vera Concierge Smart Home under GH’s menu Home Control → + symbol.

Are you getting the “Successful bi-directional connectivity” confirmation when you click “connectivity” under Vera devices on the VC Local server?

As I stated earlier in this thread. I believe this is a Google Home issue. I unlinked “Vera Concierge Smart Home” from “Google Home”, uninstalled “Google Home”, installed “Google Home”, linked “Vera Concierge Smart Home”, now I see all my devices under “Home Control” ready to be added to rooms.

I have close to 200 devices on my Vera 3 UI5. After creating rooms and placing the devices I wanted into those rooms, I tried to save, Google Home kept coming up with the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” message. Every time it did that, it duplicated the rooms I created. It was a mess. I repeated unlink, removed all duplicate rooms, uninstall, install, then re-link, then created one room at a time with the devices I wanted in that room, saving before moving on to the next room. I still have 166 devices not in any room.

I have not seen the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” message since and everything is working nicely including scenes…

Hope this helps.

John

When I first set up Vera Concierge back in November 2017, it was working and I had voice control - although it took 15+ seconds for the light to come on or turn off.

Due to that delay, I stopped trying to use Google Home to control the switch via voice control and just used the scheduling available in the Vera app.

I asked Vera via their Facebook when will it become available within the Google Home app like Samsung’s SmartThings and was told they had a team working on it and expect it in the first quarter.

That’s why I recently looked at Google Home → Home Control → the plus icon in bottom corner and saw Vera Concierge Smart Home and though it might work. So I said to Google Home “Hey Google, Lights on” as that’s the shortcut that worked back in November. It’s command is “Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn on” (Popcorn being the name of the smart switch I bought). It responds “My apologies, I don’t understand”.

On my mobile, if I open the Vera Concierge app and click “Start Listening”, I can say “Turn Popcorn On” and the light comes on within a few seconds. Ditto with turning off. If I go to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and click on “My Account” on top right and then click the “Connectivity” button I get a pop up window saying “Successfull (sic) connectivity to your Vera and to the local Concierge server”.

There is a message at the top of the screen which says “Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent!” but for the non-technical people like myself, I don’t understand/know what that means (what the impact to our user experience is).

If Google has removed the Concierge Agent, why is Vera Concierge Smart Homes still showing under the Google Home App → Home Control → + Icon ??

[quote=“jepjr, post:35, topic:198382”]I unlinked “Vera Concierge Smart Home” from “Google Home”, uninstalled “Google Home”, installed “Google Home”, linked “Vera Concierge Smart Home”, now I see all my devices under “Home Control” ready to be added to rooms.

I have not seen the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” message since and everything is working nicely including scenes…

Hope this helps.

John[/quote]

I have done all of that and I still get the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” message and therefore the only thing that shows under “Home Control” (Devices tab) in the app is my Google Home and my 4 Google Home Mini’s and my Chromecast. I can’t see the Smart Switch.

As I mentioned in my reply just above, if I go to my PC and go to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account, there’s a heading that reads “Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent!” but I don’t know what that implies. Does it mean the Google Home App won’t be able to connect to the Vera Concierge Smart Home link and populate my devices? If so, why is the option still listed under the search?

In Google Home app

1. Go to “Home Control” menu
  2. Click the “+” at the bottom of the page
  3. Select Vera Concierge Smart Home
  4. Link using the Google account you used with the Vera Concierge Cloud server.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:38, topic:198382”]In Google Home app

1. Go to “Home Control” menu
  2. Click the “+” at the bottom of the page
  3. Select Vera Concierge Smart Home
  4. Link using the Google account you used with the Vera Concierge Cloud server.[/quote]

Richard, if this post is for me, then you’ll know I’ve tried this and hence why I’ve been posting. It does not work. I even posted on this page where I wrote:

Still no joy linking GH with Vera Concierge Smart Home under GH's menu Home Control --> + symbol.

and on page 2 where I wrote:

So I go back to the Google Home App and the Vera concierge Smart Home option in Home Control which takes me to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com which shows "Select the Vera Concierge Account to be used by Google to control your Vera Connected Devices. I click on "Select Account" which then asks me to choose an account and I choose my Google Gmail account.

It goes back to the Google Home app and shows a dialogue box saying “Linking your Vera Concierge Smart Home account” and the spinning circle. Shortly after that, a message comes up at the bottom of the screen saying “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.”

I just tried it again in case you have since resolved the issue but still no luck.

Hello All

I thought I’d chime in here as I am having a connectivity issue between Google Home and Vera Concierge Smart Home. Whenever I try to link the accounts it gets through to the account linked page and then about 4 seconds later it says “oops something went wrong, please try again” I’ve tried it on 3 different devices (ios) and no luck. I’ve tried uninstalling Google Home and reinstalling and the account still won’t link. My local server is running just fine and it says I’ve got bi-directional connectivity between Vera and the local server and I’ve been through the debugging page Richard has posted numerous times and obviously run into problems as soon as I start to try and talk to my Google Mini. I’m at a loss! Any suggestions?