Vera Concierge

Vera Concierge is now available for use.
This provided voice communications with your Vera using your Google Home or any mobile that supports Google Assistant.

For more details see the website:
http://VeraConcierge.com

You can use the Vera Concierge to access multiple Veras, locally or remotely connected.
Not only can you use it command your devices … you can also use it to get the status of a particular device, or find out what is currently active in your house.

It supports a wide variety of Vera Connected Device types:

[ul][li]Switches (Z-Wave, GC-100, Power Strips, PLTS, Combination, Virtual and Multi Switch)[/li]
[li]Light Dimmers[/li]
[li]Security Sensors (Door, Window, Motion)[/li]
[li]Thermostats[/li]
[li]Door Locks (Z-Wave and those controlled by the Garage Door Plugin)[/li]
[li]Scenes and PLEG Actions (PLEG actions Soon)[/li]
[li]Alarm Partitions[/li]
[li]Window Coverings (Not tested, do not have any)[/li]
[li]Temperature and Humidity Sensors[/li][/ul]

To get started ask your Google Home:

OK Google talk to Vera Concierge
The app will ask you to link the Vera Concierge App (Agent) to your Google account that you used to link your Google Home device to. You only need to do this the first time ... Use your Google Home app on your mobile. On the Home page expand the Google Home tab ... you should see a place to perform this step.

Well at this point it does not know anything about your devices names.
You need to install a Java App somewhere on your LAN with a machine that is running when you want to use Vera Concierge.
See the above website with instructions on how to install and configure this app.
Configuration allows you to create synonyms for Vera Devices and to ignore certain devices.
Once you are configured you are ready to go.

If you find that Vera Concierge (or Google Home in general) does not understand what you are saying.

1. Go to your Google Home app on your mobile.
  2. Then goto More Settings (Using the pancake stack looking menu)
  3. Then at the bottom is My Activity.
    This will show what you asked … and you can use that info to ask why something did not work.
    Or find out you need an alias … Google often thinks I said Lite instead of Light. So I aliased my device names.

Google Announced the Google Assistant is available on IPhone.

I tested it successfully on my iPad … even though it is marked as an IPhone only app.

Vera Concierge has been updated.

It now has “Connectivity” test button on both the Local and Cloud servers to help identify problems and provide suggestions on what to fix.
You need to run both if you are having problems, start with the Local Concierge Server.

You can now Configure Prompts. To allow you to shorten and/or customize the default prompts.
There is also a Brief setting, when set only replies with OK as opposed to stating the command that was executed.
When you say:
OK Google Ask Vera Concierge to Turn On the Office Light
It will execute the command and not ask you for additional commands.

If you want to have a conversation (i.e. make many requests) then just say:
OK Google Talk to Vera Concierge

Also fixed some reported bugs, and performance improvements (cache Vera Remote Server connections) in case you make other requests in the following hours.
[hr]
By the way, Google Assistant has added support for synonyms early this year.
So you can say:
OK Google HAL Open the POD Bay door
and that can be an alias for
OK Google Ask Vera Concierge to unlock the Garage Door

Or:
OK Google Hello Jarvis
and that can be an alias for
OK Google talk to Vera Concierge

Thanks for using this … when you get enough users … Google Sends you a Google Home (not the mini).
Just received one today.

I am really looking forward to the Google Home Max.

Vera Concierge Smart Home is Now Available (After 2 months of testing by Google).
This means for many devices you know longer need to say OK Google Talk to Vera Concierge.
(Switches, Dimmers, Scenes, Thermostats)
You still need the Local Google Concierge Server.

Instead:

1. Open Google Home on your Mobile
  2. Open the Menu Home Control
  3. Click the + (add) button
  4. Select the Vera Concierge Smart Home app
  5. Link using the Google Account used when you configured your Local Concierge Server.
    This will link your devices and scenes.

With multiple Users, the FIRST user to link will define the configuration for your Google Home.

Then you will be able to use Google Smart Home commands:
Control smart home devices added to the Google Home app - Android - Google Nest Help

i.e. Hey Google Turn on the Office Light

This should provide multi-language support to the languages supported by the Google Assistant:

Currently the Google Assistant is available in English (U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia), French, German, and Japanese.

Version 2.023 - Has been released.
This provides:
Sorting on the Customization page.
Spreading the individual poll requests out over time
Option to disable polling.

Version 2.029 has been released.

This provides Lock/Unlock support for your locks via Google Home Smart Devices.
Google Documentation for Locks was not released, but I was able to reverse engineer enough for discovery and execution. I will fix the status when I can find more complete documentation.

You will have to unlink/relink your devices in Google Home to see the locks.

Version 2.031 has been released
This removes the ability to “UNLOCK” a lock for now. This was a mandate from Google!
It will come back in the future … with a Two Factor approval … When you ask to unlock … it will pop up a dialog on your phone(s) to verify.

I added support for RGB Lights and Relays (I do not have any of the these to test with) ... so let me know.

I increased the delay between retries when Vera is offline ... only tested on UI7 ... will address UI5 in the next release ... will have to revert a Vera.