For the “clearest” guidance on the fate of Edge and Plus controllers, you’d have to pull from many recent snippets posted on the Forum.
My understanding (based on those disparate sources) is that those platforms will:
- Not likely receive a further firmware update from 7.0.31/UI7
- Possibly become candidates for UI8 (as ezlo firmware)
- Continue to be sold by ezlo (until supplies run out)
- Receive tech support for the near future
- No longer be actively promoted as the ezlo platforms emerge
- Find their strongest advocates and userbase in this Forum
- Not enjoy a direct migration path over to ezlo hardware
- Suffer from the inferiority of Z-Wave/Zigbee/Bluetooth implementations on all Vera devices
- Risk performance disruptions (OS restarts, Luup reloads), processing snags (‘got CAN’ errors, NONCE halts, etc.), up to and including premature death (non-load-balanced RAM drive failures), due to suboptimal design
If you’re an existing long-term Vera user, no doubt you are familiar with most of that list. Have you considered the alternative of testing or purchasing ezlo controllers instead of Vera ones for your clients?