Vera Mobile Android - "Geofence is running" notification

Since my Android phone has upgraded to 7.1.1, Vera Mobile has a constant notification in the tray that says “Geofence - Geofence is running” even though I have Geofence disabled in the app.

I see in review in the Google Play store that others have this same problem but of course there has been zero response from Vera…

Anyone have a fix for this? I can block the notifications for the app but that will screw up my push alerts.

Ugh yeah I have this too, hope there’s a way to get rid of it soon (not holding my breath).

I sent a message to support well over a week ago and finally got a response. Didn’t really give any update though surprise surprise. This is what it said:

[b]"This issues was already reported to our development team and the fix will be included in one of the next app updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."[/b]

I wouldn’t be holding my breath for a quick update but you never know.

Still waiting on a fix!

Waiting! Need a fix because I can’t get rid of this notification.

STILL hasn’t been fixed.

When will we see an update that addresses this? My options seem to be A) put up with this useless notification or B) turn notifications off (which completely defeats the purpose having notifications enabled in the first place).