Vera Mobile (android) keeps disconnecting

After contacting support and getting only promises I am turning to this forum for help:

On my setup I have 3 controllers (Vera Plus as master and 2 Vera Lite as salves). In the Vera Mobile (android) when logging in I can see all 3 and can connect to any of the 2 slaves without any issues. However when connecting to the main one, it does connect for about 10 seconds, then disconnects with the message “Sorry, we couldn’t establish a connection with the last connected controller” and goes back to the Select Location screen (Select Location = select controller).
During those 10 seconds when it stays connected, everything works (I can switch lights on or off, lock and unlock doors…).

Support said they could replicate the issue (I highly doubt that) and that they will get back to me. That was 2 or 3 months ago.

I just upgraded to Vera Plus from Vera Lite as the master, specifically to solve this issue but as I had to restore the Vera Lite backup on the Vera Plus the issue came with the restore. (I have more than 60 devices with some of them in walls or in very hard to reach places, so I will Not reset and start over). As the issue was present in the former Vera Lite master as well all hints towards a config issue.
On the web interface all is good and works.
On iOS version of Vera app all works fine as well.
I am already using ImperiHome as alternative but it does lack some features and paying a monthly fee for additional dashboard pages is a bit overkill.

I do have SSH access to the unit so I can edit specific files if needed. I am IT inclined so if someone could at least point me to log files for the connection (both on the controller and the phone) I could start there.

Thank you in advance for any help or hints.
/Florin

Got it working.
It turns out it was a phantom app with the name “undefined” and a broken picture link in the Apps/My apps tree. As soon as support cleared that one from the list (I contacted them for a Ergy app issue: “Ergy gateway serial is not present in user: No cookie”) the Vera Mobile app stayed connected.

Without hard evidence I can only speculate that the “undefined” app was causing the issue as the Vera Mobile was disconnecting as well in the past when Ergy app was working but the “undefined” was there. Probably the 10 sec interval was the time it took Vera Mobile to get around to read the app list, find the broken app and disconnect because of it.

Interesting that the iOS did not exhibit the same behavior. Could be that the developer did better error handling or the framework is more forgiving (again speculation).

/Florin

I’d be really interested to hear more about the differences (in usability, configurability and cost:performance) that you’ve experienced between your Imperihome setup and the native Vera Mobile app.

Is the quality of Vera software even remotely close to being apples-to-apples at this stage?