Vera Native Integration for Google Home

googlehome

This is our current progress on integrating natively Google Home. The first day we will have the beta version we will post it here and after that we will gather all your feedback and discuss any improvements that you guys can think of.

Here is the link to watch the video:
https://youtu.be/6b1m6bUnnqM

This is awesome. Been waiting on this integration, Alexa still is limited.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Watched the video. Look forward when this is released to production.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Great work guys!

We as a platform must work with everything out there natively, out of box!

is there supposed to be audio?

Can qwe put our names down to sign up for the beta somewhere?

Can’t wait. Put me on the list for testers.

Looks good! Now I have to use Vera Concierge to do this.

I’d also like to be a beta tester :slight_smile:

As soon as I’ll have the links for the firmware I will post it here so you guys can test it. We will gather feedback afterwards and improve the implementation if needed. Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Great, I was really waiting for this! In fact I was allready looking for another controller. Very glad I can stay with Vera now.
What will be the timeframe for the availability of this beta? Or is it a plug-in?

…and Apple Home integration? :slight_smile: 8)

No line for the google home integration…THANK YOU!

Using VC right now and like it…so if this works i’ll be able to unplug or re-assign a box.

the video dianabol is very good lets hope for good best of luck

Will the Google Home integration include any functionality to push announcements to the Google device?

[quote=“Ebs, post:11, topic:199698”]Great, I was really waiting for this! In fact I was allready looking for another controller. Very glad I can stay with Vera now.
What will be the timeframe for the availability of this beta? Or is it a plug-in?[/quote]

The beta will be scheduled at the end of our current sprint. This would be around mid September if we include also a week of stabilisation.
A firmware upgrade will be necessary to have this available.

Could you please be more specific? What are you referring to?

Could you please be more specific? What are you referring to?[/quote]

A nice added feature would be the ability for us to programatically send text to speech broadcasts from the Vera to our Google Homes. For instance, a “Good Morning” or “Front Door Open” announcement.

Could you please be more specific? What are you referring to?[/quote]

A nice added feature would be the ability for us to programatically send text to speech broadcasts from the Vera to our Google Homes. For instance, a “Good Morning” or “Front Door Open” announcement.[/quote]

or “you have mail” when the postman drops a letter which triggers a zwave door lock sensor sensative strip for instance !
would be really cool

the demo does not show any support for device UPNP actions. maybe UPNP actions can have a friendly text name that google home would recognize and use it to trigger the exec of a particular device UPNP action ( hopefully with parameters taken out of the user’s voice instructions )

Excelent news! I just got a Google Home today as I read about the ha-bridge - only to discover it’s not working anymore. That kind of sucks.