Vera Notification Contol with Motion Sensors

I have 6 identical motion sensors in my system ( controlled by a Vera Plus). I just added a new one this weekend and each time the sensor is tripped and untripped it sends notifications to my email and text. I have looked in the Dashboard->My Modes area and under User & Account Information-> Notification Settings to see if I can stop this behavior with no luck. I don’t want to stop all notifications from all sensors.

My questions:

1. Why are 6 other identical motion sensors not triggering the same notifications. All 7(including the new one) are tied into reactors that are working perfectly. I can see the “tripped” variable change state as expected.
  2. Does anyone have ideas on preventing notifications from within the device parameters or variable? I am tired of trying to get the Vera UI to do something reliably, predictably or repeatably.

Is it “armed”? That’s often the case. “My Modes” has setup to send notifications (and record video) when an armed sensor is tripped. You just need to keep it from being armed. You can do this from the UI for the sensor in “My Modes”, or by setting the ModeSetting state variable on the sensor to 1:;2:;3:;4:

It is not armed under Mode Settings and the ModeSettings state variable is set to 1:;2:;3:;4:. All the other motion sensors are set up the same way. Very strange but I shouldn’t be surprised with all the other unexplainable phenomenon with Vera. I was hoping that another variable was part of the algorithm.