Vera + NVIDIA SmartThings Link

I just wanted to document what does and doesn’t work for me between Vera and the NVIDIA SmartThings Link. The Link was $20 because I pre-ordered it, and turns my NVIDIA Shield TV into a SmartThings hub. First of all, it was very easy to add ST Link as a secondary controller. The AndroidTV app does not let me control the hub, you can open it but there are only instructional videos, and I believe the app just needs to be installed for the background service. I used my phone to set up the hub. Under Z-Wave controls there was a button to add ST (as a secondary controller) to my existing network. I clicked it and put Vera into Add Device mode looking for a generic Z-Wave device. They found each other and then spent a minute or two populating devices. Here is what I can confirm:

Physical Z-Wave devices showed up and could be controlled by the phone for the most part.

But they didn’t have descriptive names. I went to the ST website to view my devices, and there is a Network ID field that appears to be equivalent to the Vera AltID (Network ID is in hex, AltID is in decimal so do the conversion.) This will allow you to set the names properly within ST.

Physical Z-Wave devices that have children do not work properly. I have an Enerwave 2-in-1 switch, and only the parent relay shows up. The parent relay is connected to the 1st switched output, so you can control 1 out of 2 using the phone. Another example: Aeon multisensor does appear but only the motion detector part.

Virtual devices: no support. My Virtual On/Off Switch did not show up. I was going to use this as a work-around to control the 2nd Enerwave device but no luck there. Honeywell thermostat did not show up. DSC Alarm (Eyez On) did not show up.

No support for running scenes. I have not found a workaround.

Integration through Google Assistant works for those physical devices with one output. If you’re just looking for Google Assistant support, maybe try Vera Concierge first.

~PercussionKing

Just wondering if this has gotten any better over the past 2 years?