Vera Official IFTTT Integration ( BETA )

Any updates on this?

I emailed the support team and they provided me access. Maybe just do that.

BETA looks like it has been going on for at least two years… just release it already!!!
At this point… Vera is falling behind significantly!!! At least with IFTTT I can keep up on my own!!!

This is was Support’s reply to my ticket on this:

Thank you for contacting Vera Customer Care

We inform you that the IFTTT project is postponed in favor of some other exciting products and services. we’ll let you know when we have more news about IFTTT.

Note: You can also remain attentive to any announcements and releases which are published in our community forum https://community.getvera.com/

So… stay tuned?

@Sorin Hey any updates

I am still anxiously awaiting the IFTTT integration or resumption of the Beta Testing.
Any updates on this please?
Thanks.

I know that it’s another year later (again) – and that IFTTT integration is about as dead a goal as it can be – but just had to chuckle to see there is STILL an “IFTTT Setup” page on the GetVera website! See https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001713793-IFTTT
vera_ifttt_pg
A link to it is prominently displayed whenever you submit a Support request, along with about 20 other categories. Does this mean IFTTT integration isn’t 100% buried?

2 Likes

Hi guys,

What I can tell you right now is that IFTTT development is not in progress as the team is focusing on some other aspects of delivery. However I know for a fact that many of the users here are already using IFTTT using the original IFTTT invites, so it’s still working. That’s what I have at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi Sorin,
First off, I hope that you, your family and everyone in the Vera community are staying safe.
Thanks for your reply. I have two follow-up questions:

1. Is there any way for someone like me to get access to the original beta or invite as you call it. Even if I could get some limited functionality in place for now that would be great.
    And if YES, then what would be the steps?
  2. Is the IFTTT feature development that you do envision being available at some point? Maybe not in the short term, but somewhere down the road? I would hope so as this opens up the door to so many more integrations.
    Thanks.
    Bob

We’re safe and sound. Just hoping to get our lives back to normal real soon.
Thank you for your thoughts, Bob

1. Let me know if this onboarding link works: Log in - IFTTT. It’s basically step 4,5 from this instructional file: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021753834-Step-by-Step-Pairing-Instructions

2. Yes, IFTTT will be back in crosshairs at some point, but not now.

I hope this helps.

Hi LibraSun,

Many thanks for passing that link along.
Yes indeed it did work and I was able to set everything up and have access to my Vera Controllers Scenes and Devices. Its working like a charm! Exactly what I needed.
Thank You So Much!
Stay Safe!
Best Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for your reply.
Many thanks for passing that link along. I ended up using the link that @LibraSun provided in his reply to my post and it worked for me and I was able to set everything up and have access to my Vera Controllers Scenes and Devices. Its working like a charm! Exactly what I needed. So even if further development of the IFTTT isn’t going to happen in the near future, I am fine with what’s there now in this beta version. As long a s you folks don’t pull it down.
Basically what I am using it for is to detect if my tenant leaves and puts the Honeywell Alarm system into “Arm Away” mode. In such cases IFTTT it triggers a Vera Scene to run which will put the Vera into “Away” mode and set back the Thermostat to save energy when no one is home. Without IFTTT there wasn’t any easy way to have these two systems communicate.
Thanks.
Stay Safe!
Best Regards,
Bob

I just managed to link my Vera to IFTTT.

Seems Vera devices can only be used in the THAT (the action)

And for example a Vera device such as a motion sensor cannot be used as a trigger for the IF

Seems only Lights and Dimmers and Scenes are in the list on ifttt.getvera.com and then can only be used in the THAT

As a test, I just set up a recipe in IFTTT when I say “Blue” to Google Home Assistant, it runs a Vera scene to set my bedroom LED strip lights to blue.

So that is working OK.

I guess this is useful if you have none Vera devices that support IFTTT as the trigger to then run a Vera scene or control a Vera device, as in the example BGill said above.

Looks like Fibaro have IFTTT support for triggers the IF with their Home Center hub.

I guess Ezlo need to add this functionality for their own Vera / Ezlo hubs.

Hubitat have triggers as well in IFTTT.

Smartthings also

But no triggers available for Vera

2 Likes

Having been shown the IFTTT integration only last month (after begging to try it for several years), I found it laughably limited, as you pointed out. So much so that I immediately abandoned it as a viable tool in my Vera arsenal.

2 Likes

No motion sensor devices available in IFTTT ?

I have a video doorbell and the IF can be a PIR Alarm and the THAT I wanted to turn on a virtual motion sensor in Vera.

However no motion sensor or even door contact sensors for that matter are listed in the devices that you can expose to IFTTT.

I sense that such an omission was both practical and strategic, in that such sensors tend to generate a LOT of events, and IFTTT is intended for more discrete messaging at lower frequency. Lots of the trigger services are intentionally hobbled in this way; the IFTTT API just isn’t designed for high-volume traffic.

1 Like

You can use the Webhooks and have Vera send the http call from a scene, which makes Vera the “If”. Just search for Vera IFTTT and Webhooks in this forum. It works flawlessly

Yes I’ve used webhooks before for making Hue lights flash.

+1 on the Webhooks workaround suggestion!

For that purpose, Reactor’s relatively new “NOTIFY” function serves admirably. In fact, I may have written something up on using it that way in SHARE Your Favorite REACTOR Routines [ADVANCED USAGE]