Vera Plus Calibration problem with Fibaro Roller Shutter module FGRM -222

Hi,

I am trying to calibrate my roller shutters with the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2. When I try to calibrate them, the roller shutter moves up slightly for a second, then stops and lowers again. I have set parameter 10 (motor mode) and parameter 29 (to initiate calibration).

Can anyone offer any suggestions? In another thread someone suggested it was possible to independently calibrate the modules using a light bulb. I tried doing this, but I couldnt get it to work either. I posted a follow up on that thread, but it’s a bit old and I havent received any replies there.

So - can anyone help out with this? The Wife Approval Factor is hitting an all time low, since we cant control any of the shutters in the house.

Thanks!!!

I install two fibaro with no problems.

Do you read all the parameters?

Try to first do the calibration. But now do a reset first.

Hi Angstrom,

I hope you have it working out by now, but here is how I went about setting mine up anyway.

I just installed 3 motors and 3 fibaro shutter controllers.
Step 1:
Installed motors in blinds then setup mechanic limits on motors (using an on/off light switch) left blinds in closed position.
Step 2:
Paired fibaro shutter controllers to vera edge, then wired to blind motors.
Step 3:
Set param 10 to 2 (Roller with positioning)
Step 4:
Set param 29 to 1 (Start callibration)
Blinds went up, down and up again, calibrated perfectly.
Then added scenes to close blinds at 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 and the open, close and sliders in vera and imperihome work perfectly.

For what I understand when the fibaro controller is switched on (up or down) it closed a contact and detects motor current, when no current is detected it turns off, opening the contact. (Used to time blind from fully closed to fully open limits to set calibration)
Once calibrated its a timming thing to stop at given percentage. (Please correct me if I’m wrong)

If you click open or close does the blind open and close fully?
If it doesn’t, maybe check your motor limits.

Hi
I’m new to Vera and this forum. I’m having the same issues with FGRM222 as others have on this forum.

What do you guys mean with setting a parameter # ? Set param 29 to 1 for calibration ?
Where/how do I do that ?

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks to Nick and the Thurstons for the feedback - sorry I didnt get notified that you had posted here, so I didnt see your responses.

Secondly, I did finally get my shutters working properly. I think the issue I had was due to the motor limits on my shutters - I believe they are electrical limits and not mechanical?

So I ended up needing to time how long it takes for the shutters to go completely up (from bottom to top), then wiring the Fibaro to a light bulb and light switch to mimic the up / down / up time of calibration, then doing the calibration on the light bulb / switches and finally installing the calibrated Fibaro on the shutter. I then had to go into the Vera webpage and configure the module with the parameters and the time duration that I used with the lightbulb. After that everything worked, and I just had to repeat it 16 more times for each module / shutter …

Didi

For your question, the Fibaro 222 instruction manual gives you a lot of different settings that can be used, depending on the way you are installing the roller shutter.

To set the parameters, you log into Vera online, pair your new module to your Vera controller, then select the new module, select device options, then you can add the new parameters and values there. Parameter 29 value 1 is the value that starts the automated configuration process. Maybe that process will work by itself for you, but as you can see above it wasnt enough for me.

I found the parameters to be a bit fiddly, so check the manual first and make sure you’re setting the correct parameters and values. I’m sure there would be a more general help section for Vera on setting parameters, since the process to set the parameters is generally the same for all modules.

Please post again if you have more questions.

1 Like

Thank you. That and having found in another topic (Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 (FGRM-222) always show 100% or 0% - #7 by nullx8 - Garage & Window Covering Control - Ezlo Community) that you need to use hex or dec, actually initiated calibration.
And now the percentage up-down is also reported correct.

Great news that it’s working for you. My shutters have been rock solid reliable for the past 2 years or so, once the configuration was finally working.