Vera Plus dead after power failure - only power LED on

Hi,

yesterday I had a power failure at home. All the other devices seem to work again after that except of my vera plus.
Current status: only the power LED ist on and the controller is not found by the router.

I tried to reset the controller (6-times pressing), but that does nothing. Plugging power on/off also resulted in the only power LED status.

Is there anything else I can do to get the Vera Plus back to life? How about connecting directly to PC and SSH into the unit (a step by step instruction would be fine - I haven’t done this before)?

Sorry to hear about this :frowning:

If this is an ongoing issue, our tech team should be able to help you with this. I’ll give them a heads up about this and if you didn’t submit a ticket or call already make sure you do so we can get you back on track ASAP. +1 866 966 2272 or email support@getvera.com

I’ve also created a ticket four days ago, but without response so far. I’ve read about successfully resetting by pushing 8 times the reset button which I can try next. But that was a case after firmware update…

Short update:
Pushing 8 times the reset button didn’t work. Support gave me a few steps to try out (reset network + hard reset). That did no change. The power LED was the only one on all the time. So I’ve asked for a remote session with chat to carry out the recovery process I’ve read in another thread. That was three days ago…

One week has passed without any reaction from support. The first thermostat has already noticed there’s no controller online after battery replacement and can’t be controlled any more (at valve fully open of course). I’m afraid I don’t have enough old thermostats to replace all the Z-Wave thermostats if more of them fail :neutral_face:

@Sorin

C

1 Like

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy